Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony 'Is Open to Having More Kids,' Says Source: 'She Doesn't Care What People Think'

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

@Cakers3

She can go to a sperm bank.  I imagine they couldn't turn her down.  She was not found guilty of anything, maybe a speeding ticket.  

@this is my nic  I'm not familiar with what determines if a woman is qualified to go to a sperm bank,  I would imagine that there are interviews, physicals, and some type of psychological assessment.  I would hope, anyway.

Image result for golden girls rose sperm bank

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony 'Is Open to Having More Kids,' Says Source: 'She Doesn't Care What People Think'

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Cakers3@I agree with you but what about the rights of helpless children born....very sad to think about for me.

@dex  In a perfect world every child would be born to loving parent/parents.

With food, shelter, warmth, education, etc.  We all know this.

However, we know that there is no such thing as a perfect world and sadly the most helpless among us suffer.

Of course children have rights; nobody is saying that her rights supercede that of any potential child she may have in the future.  The issue is she cannot be stopped and projecting what she may do if she does have another child is not going to change what may happen.

The best anybody can do is hope or pray that if she does have another child that we will not see a repeat of the past.  Unless she proves to be unfit with a new baby,  that is all that will matter. 

Projection about the unwanted, unloved, uncared for child is not  the issue here; the issue, for me, is doing what we can for those children already suffering at the hands of abusive caregivers, at the hands of sex trade smugglers, at the hands of economic inequality.

There are small voices crying now; focus on them instead of a "what if" that may never happen.

@Cakers3, just wanted to let you know that not only do I agree with you but also find this post to be exceptionally well-written. I commend you for countering the obvious and even understandable emotional reactioons here. Hopefully, posters are just letting steam off.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

She was found not guilty by 12 jurors. It matters not at all what those who are so sure she was guilty believe. What matters is respecting our judicial system. 

This seems to still be a problem for some, personally I believe the prosecution over-reached, hence she's free to live her life regardless of the handwringing.

Honored Contributor

There was no cause of death so the child could have drowned, which is more likely, since no evidence was presented that she had  previously been neglected or abused by anyone.

Perhaps the body was staged to cover up what happened. There was a lot of theory, speculation, but no actual proof that Casey was involved.

I find it disheartening that on the BB everyone suspected is considered guilty, like that autistic boy who posters were so sure the father was guilty of killing.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

There was no cause of death so the child could have drowned, which is more likely, since no evidence was presented that she had  previously been neglected or abused by anyone.

Perhaps the body was staged to cover up what happened. There was a lot of theory, speculation, but no actual proof that Casey was involved.

I find it disheartening that on the BB everyone suspected is considered guilty, like that autistic boy who posters were so sure the father was guilty of killing.

Doesn't keep me up at night but there's a reason the prosecution came to her TWICE for a deal, they knew a murder charge without a cause of death was a problem, yet they refused to downgrade.  The fault is on them imo.

Esteemed Contributor

Just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. If she can even boast that idea in public speaks volume's on this girl having mental problems big time.Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain  This is true regarding no evidence being presented about prior neglect or abuse.

I have to agree about the drowning angle in this tragedy; however, the one thing that always bothered me is Casey out enjoying herself while her child was "missing".

However, the fact remains that sweet Caylee at some point was either unsupervised (accidental drowning, e.g.) or died from being given medication to make her sleep (unintentional) or died from the result of direct murder (intentional).

No matter the scenario, she was entrusted to the care first and foremost of her mother;  her death, if accidental, was the result of poor parenting; if the death was intentional, it was the result of a very disturbed mother or other significant family member.

I also agree about the death of wee Maddox; I haven't heard about any autopsy results but the father was ripped to shreds here.  So far the only issue verified was that Maddox was alive in that park before he disappeared.

It is very easy for all of us to armchair these tragedies; and the fact that some make such sensational headlines and others do not makes me wonder why one child's life is such a standout while so many look the other way when these tragedies are repeated.

It makes one wonder.

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

No she doesn’t care about what people think about her but she should care about the harassment her baby would face for its entire life.

She certainly didn't care about baby one.  No reason to believe that she'd care anything about baby two.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I'm sure she will be watched like a hawk if she does have more children. CA was young and foolish when all this happened, so hopefully she has grown up and is smarter.

What? You missed the point .. has nothing to do with smart or dumb the women killed her child and now she wants more children? The women has serious mental problems she should never have another child!!!! I feel bad for the child she is planning to have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

I'm sure she will be watched like a hawk if she does have more children. CA was young and foolish when all this happened, so hopefully she has grown up and is smarter.

@blackhole99  Every now and then I come across a post that leaves me wondering if I need new reading glasses.

Who is going to "watch like a hawk"?  Are you saying that some mysterious entity will follow her around?  Child services can't go near her without just cause, either.

Being young and foolish means you skip a class in school, not be a major player in th death of your child.

Many of us were young, too, when we had our children.  Yet we were not "foolish" enough to be instrumental in their deaths.

Oy.