Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Staying In New Year's Eve?

We usually go out to dinner with friends then come back to my house for dessert  & champagne.  We'll watch the ball drop and a little TV then we're done.

This year however I'm still so tired from being sick for most of Dec.and having a house full on Christmas, I've decided for just the two of us to make a nice dinner and watch a movie.  My friends also have health issues so even though they live around the corner they will be staying in too.

DH is usually asleep early but I often stay up past midnight so I'll probably watch the ball drop.

Honored Contributor

Staying in.  On New Year's Day, we'll head out to a movie and dinner.  My much-preferred tradition.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think DH and I have ever been out on NYE. Just not into spending $$$ on an evening we would not enjoy. Plus who wants to be on the roads. 

When I was much younger I went out with a bunch of friends and there were many people who had way too much to drink. Not into some stranger playing graba** and of course, those that had too much to drink and decided to throw up very close to me. YUCK! Never went out again, lol.

Can't remember ever seeing the ball drop. New Year's Day is just another day for me.

Honored Contributor

But of course, lol.  We've done it for years now.  No snow/ice driving, limited visability, drunks driving, and being sleepy late at night. I'm snug and warm and safely tucked into my bed.  The best of my world.  

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: indoor, text that says 'STILL DECIDING WHAT TO WEAR WHILE SITTING ON MY COUCH ON NEW YEAR'S EVE.'

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Also staying home. Going to Times Square to watch the ball drop is not on my Bucket List!! 😆

This was was exactly what I wanted to do when I was a teenager.  Now you couldn't pay me to go to Times Square on NYE. 😄

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Always stay in!  No desire to get out anywhere during holidays or New Years Eve!

Trusted Contributor

We are staying in but having some family members over for cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvres.  I'm sure the house will be emptied out well before midnight 😄.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg @Sounds like you have a good plan..happy new year and enjoy that Chinese food.Wish I could join you.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 yes we will most likely stay in as well. In the past, we've gone to an early dinner and a movie but nothing really calls my name and says deal with all the theatre silliness and see me.  LOL

I've bought Bobby Chez crabcakes, a split of champagne and cheesecake for dessert.

I don't stay up for the ball drop either. I don't need to stay awake to see it.