Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Else Staying In New Year's Eve?

DD and I are having a scintillating evening of Chinese for supper and finding a movie on Demand.

DH and I never went anywhere except a house party now and then in the 50 years we were married.  It's too crowded, noisy and everyone who never drinks otherwise is out on the roads.

I haven't seen the ball drop in decades.

Anyone else staying tucked in for the night?

Whatever you are doing, have a great night and be safe.  Here's to a wonderful 2020 for everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Staying In New Year's Eve?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Yep! DH & I are!

We probably won't have Chinese food (not DH's favorite, but it IS mine!), but we'll have dinner at home, away from all of the DUI drivers!

I've been following your posts re: your TKR and hope that you're getting better every day!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Your evening sounds like my cup of tea on New Year's Eve!  We typically stay home too.  I just feel safer and I enjoy the time at home.  Hope you enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

we've been staying home for years. a light dinner, then just watch some tv. haven't been interested to see the ball drop nor watch fireworks. after all these years, they look pretty much the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a date!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  We're staying home this year and cooking steaks on the grill! We occasionally over the years have been to friends homes or joined them at restaurants, but we always make it an early evening. Usually in bed long before the ball drops!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband's working, so I'll be home, but not alone because I know I'll have some of you to keep me company.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan 

You betcha'!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yes.... staying in.  I don't know anyone who goes "out" these days.  We're lucky we can stay awake until midnight to watch the "ball drop" on TV!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I are meeting friends at a restaurant very close to home and very early in the evening. Then we'll head home and stay home. If I'm awake l will watch the ball drop. If not...been there, done that. I used to go to parties, eat and drink.Now I stay home because I worry about others who go to parties, eat, and drink.