Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Staying In New Year's Eve?

If we can stay awake till midnight. Its been years since we went out.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

DH and I will go out to dinner, after work.  We always go for asian food, because that is what we had on our first NYE togther.  We will be in bed asleep long before midnight.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

First time in years, we will be home.  Went to dinner with our usual group last evening. Less people, better menus, no rushing.  We were discussing that we had been together for New Years Eve well over 50 years.   Many of us were in school together, elementary and high school.  Fun times, in a way I hate to see it change.  Happy New Year all!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  My pesky knee is much better, thanks for asking. If I could sleep lying down life would be really good.  My knee objects to whatever position I'm in lying down.  My recliner is my friend these days.  lol

Oh, and my ice pack!!

Trusted Contributor

Only the young and foolish--or the just plain foolish--would go out on New Year's eve in Vegas.  There will be over 300,000 drunken lunatics running around town.  The party will be loud, crowded and over the top, as is always the case, but once you've done it once, that is enough to last a lifetime.  In my dotage, I don't feel the need to join them. 

When I was in college I worked on the Strip, and so worked EVERY holiday.  The entire town becomes an open-air looney bin.  That was  enough for me, thanks.  I consider myself lucky to not have to work holidays anymore.  If I want to see the fireworks, I can go out in the back yard to watch.

P.S.  I don't want to see the fireworks

Esteemed Contributor

I will go to bed early but will be awake at midnight if not before because of idiot neighbors shooting off fireworks. Last year they started at 10 and went to 2. 

Honored Contributor

Right here! Whole family stays in due to the idiots on the road. Have already hit Costco and Weis for ingredients for hot dips and other tasty treats. Doing a ham the next day and friends and family will join us for dinner and leftovers from the night before, lol.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I always had Chinese on New Year's Eve and I have continued that tradition. When he was alive he enjoyed watching the various celebrations on TV. I never really enjoyed them so now I turn the TV off and prefer to read a good book. The firecrackers and the people banging pots together will let me know when midnight arrives.

Everyone have a very Happy New Year and for those going out enjoy yourselves but be careful and make it back home safely. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite place to be ... home and in bed before the fireworks go off.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

We go out for dinner and return well before midnight. Sometimes the restaurant wants us to stay to ring in the new year but that is way too late to be out and especially drinking.  We rarely stay up till midnight!  I think I'll know what year it is when I wake up LOL.