Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Staying In New Year's Eve?

Every year we say "maybe we should go out and do something for New Years Eve", then we end up staying home just having a usual evening! I guess we are not that exciting anymore!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Just placed pick-up order for Red Lobster

Happy New Year everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the new year come in for decades.  I am asleep by then.  For me, it conjures up too many good memories of times past and I find it hard to deal with, having no one to share it with.  Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers Oh my, I can see why your Malamute would have been fearful. My dog was a rescue at about two years old, now 9.  He was at our downtown city pound, next to be euthanized. He had a startle, flight reaction to loud noises from street life. We only have fireworks left, that worries him.   

We never know what kind of experiences they had before coming to us that has affected their temperament. It took a good six months for me to settle this guy down, but he's absolutely the BEST now.  

Hope the shingles shot goes well and there aren't too many untoward effects. Do pick up a nice treat while you're there :-).  And have a great NY.   

Honored Contributor

I never was a big New Years Eve person.  Not even when I was young.  It always seemed so forced and I was never a drinker.  So we settled on an early dinner and a movie and we'd be back in time to watch the ball drop at midnight.  And then that became Chinese food and movie on TV and we'd watche the ball drop at midnight.  And now it's Chinese food and something on TV and we plan to watch the ball drop at midnight but we both dozed of and missed it and now it's 1:30 am so we text Happy New Years to the girls, put the lights out and go to bed.   

Super Contributor

I am a non-drinker plus I don't handle crowds well so going out for me wouldn't be fun. It  is cold and windy here today with a bit of snow around...another reason not to go out! Honestly, I find the ball drop (my city has one of its own) and those year end tribute shows to be kinda sad and depressing. Moreso this year with it being the end of the decade.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

I'm the crazy one and will be going out.  I still love to have a good time.  We will be out and up later than our thirtysomething year old kids.  (Usually happens)

Again, I've poo-pooed the idea of going to the Rose Bowl Parade---too dang cold (and early).  Still freezing from yesterday.  Ticket won't go to waste--believe me.

Always welcome a new year in with a great outlook and as in years past---no regrets.

May every one have a great night at home or out.  And have a happy new year to come!

Honored Contributor

Yes, we stay in every year to comfort our little dog.  The loud fireworks go off all around us & he is petrified.  We turn on all the fans on high and keep the TV louder than usual to help drown out the big BOOMS! We create a little tent, so he can go under the couch and he has protection.  Honestly, we never look forward to New Year's Eve for this very reason.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

New Year's Eve never was much of a thrill for me (although there were a couple of memorable ones Cat Very Happy).  I can't recall the last time I even stayed awake to watch the stupid ball drop. 

Going out for an early dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and then coming home to have a glass or two of some good Napa Valley Cabernet and watching a movie.

I do kind of really like New Year's Day (feels clean and new to me for some odd reason) and will be having brunch with a friend I haven't seen in quite awhile.

Happy New Year, all!

Esteemed Contributor

I am staying in.

In my 20's and 30's, I used to love going out on New Year's eve, but it just isn't fun anymore.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.