Respected Contributor

I am not alone today, but my DM is, and I feel sad for her as we live far apart, and I have not seen her in person for a long time.  Usually I visit her during the season.

So, I am sending my BEST HOLIDAY WISHES to all the special people on this forum and wishing you the most wonderful and blessed day, and a future year full of blessings, good health, prosperity and FUN!

QVC brought us together through shopping, but we communicate from our hearts!

Merry Christmas GIFs & Animated Images — Download on Funimada.com

Honored Contributor

Re: Any one alone

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123   A Seafood Broil is a wonderful melange of seafood, plus extras.  Most are boils, but I put mine in a very hot oven instead.  

Crab clusters, lobster claws & arms, mussels, and shrimp -- some add clams, but I don'tlike clams.  Add red potatoes, corn on the cob (cut into thirds) and sausage (usually andollie or smoked sausage/Kielbasa).  This year I used chorizo sausage, but I'll go back to my usual smoked sausage next time.  

Add lots of favorite seasonings (Old Bay is a must), garlic cloves, halved lemons, butter, stock (seafood, vegetable or even chicken stock will do).  Put in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes covered, then 10-15 minutes uncovered.  

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Yes, I'm all alone and feeling blue.

I think we're all feeling a little blue even if we are not alone. You need to get busy reviewing another movie for us. You are the best movie critic. Sending a hug and a smile your way.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2  It took many years of lurking here before I decided to post. I wish I had begun posting sooner because I have found most of the posters to be very friendly and encouraging. Sometimes I feel like the only person with my circumstances and I come on here and find many in the same boat. I wish I could exchange phone numbers with several of the posters here. I think many of us could be phone buddies.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower   Even if we could exchange a secondary e-mail address would be nice.  That way if it didn't work out neither party is harmed.

Some posters who have been on the forums a long time do "know" each other and have other ways of communicating besides here.

Something must have made QVC decide they didn't want to be liable for any possible negative outcomes.

And, I agree, that I enjoy most of the posters and their ways of trying to be supportive of each other.  I just hope that. QVC doesn't get the bright idea of eliminating these forums, plus the QVC moderators, also known as the QVC Social Team are so helpful to us in so many ways.

Oh well . . .

Hope your Christmas is going well.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

yep I think this is my first Christmas alone. We had a big storm move through the East Coast, and today was terrifically windy, cold and finally sunny. I got out and got fresh air and chatted with family on FaceTime.  

If you are healthy today, count your blessings.🎄

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rockygems123   A Seafood Broil is a wonderful melange of seafood, plus extras.  Most are boils, but I put mine in a very hot oven instead.  

Crab clusters, lobster claws & arms, mussels, and shrimp -- some add clams, but I don'tlike clams.  Add red potatoes, corn on the cob (cut into thirds) and sausage (usually andollie or smoked sausage/Kielbasa).  This year I used chorizo sausage, but I'll go back to my usual smoked sausage next time.  

Add lots of favorite seasonings (Old Bay is a must), garlic cloves, halved lemons, butter, stock (seafood, vegetable or even chicken stock will do).  Put in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes covered, then 10-15 minutes uncovered.  

Smiley Happy

@Caaareful Shopper 

Wow just wow!  Sounds so delicious and I love the oven part. Will be definitely making this, thanks for sharing. 

Seafood sounds so refreshing. After these 2 meat days of ham & prime rib we'll be having one pan shrimp puttanesca to have a lighter meal.  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Smiley Happy

@Caaareful Shopper 

Wow just wow!  Sounds so delicious and I love the oven part. Will be definitely making this, thanks for sharing. 

Seafood sounds so refreshing. After these 2 meat days of ham & prime rib we'll be having one pan shrimp puttanesca to have a lighter meal.  

@rockygems123  Now that sounds marvelous!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes but making the best of it.  Spoke with family and facetimed grands.  Took a nap and now enjoying crab legs.  First Christmas in my life alone but my family is all healthy and happy so it's worth it.  Hopefully we will have one heck of a Christmas next year!  My best to all!  

Honored Contributor

To All Here...I hope your day got better🙂

We had a unusual day our GD called and woke me at 7:30 AM😳excited to open presents from us.  Glad she liked everything.

Then many family members called but I knew something was wrong w/spouse.  He was having a lot of difficulty breathing and walking.

I insisted we go to Urgent Care as he's been feeling sick for a few days.  We got dressed headed over there -- closed -- so we went

to ER.  So packed he refused to stay, plus, intake person told us if he had "respiratory" or "labored breathing" he would need to go to COVID center 1 hour away.  He explained he has COPD was getting aggravated with her so we left!

Came home and he went to bed.  He's been in bed most the day. I made pot of chicken pastina soup -- it's cold here in FL today.  So maybe when he gets up he can have some.

I'm here as I've been thinking of all the wonderful "friends" on these boards...As "normal" as I tried to treat today -- it was hard.  So I hope tomorrow and 2021 are better days for all of us🙂🙂!