Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.  So sorry to hear about your dh.  Keep an eye on him overnight and if his breathing becomes more labored, don't hesitate to call an ambulance.  That's probably the fastest ticket to the ER.  This Covid thing can hit a person very fast and be very serious, if he should have it.  Hope and pray everything is okay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Been a long day, i miss the way Christmas use to be, always remember my kids ,husband  ,myself being together, i will be 69 tomorrow, where does the time go?

@goldensrbest.  Isnt it amazing how one minute you're part of a happy family eating in a restaurant feeling sorry for the senior eating alone, and the next minute, that senior is YOU?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm not alone today, but it makes my heart swell to see so many sweet, kind messages of support on this thread.  Even though sometimes threads on this board go off the rails, so many people that post seem like truly lovely people that I wish I knew in my "real" life.  I really enjoy checking messages on this board every day even though sometimes some postings make me really annoyed and I have to force myself not to respond! 

I feel like the majority of people are coming from a good place and I love that we can share things.  Sometimes it's things like beauty tips and other times it's things like dealing with loss.  While some things are way more trivial than others, the fact that we can share things without judgement is what is important.  I have enjoyed interacting with a lot of people on this board this year and look forward to more in 2021 Heart

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1, I hope that your husband feels much better tomorrow.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Yes, I'm all alone and feeling blue.

I'm sorry, Jordan!  I hope that hanging out with us will help you not feel so alone.  Heart

@Jordan2...I am sorry you are feeling blue. If I could I would knock on your door with a box of cookies in hand and we'd sit and have tea or coffee and eat them while we talk and laugh.  "Be the reason someone smiles today."  Wish I could do that for you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any one alone

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 ...Many years ago I was able to give another poster my e-mail address and it was so much fun for us to be able to communicate privately.  No loss to anyone and a wonderful gift for us.

"Be the reason someone smiles today."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3   I signed up in 2007 but don't remember being allowed to exchange phone numbers or e-mail addresses.  I did manage to give one poster my e-mail address because we enjoyed one another and being able to communicate outside of the Forums made a huge difference.  I don't understand why they won't allow us to do that, no harm to QVC and a great benefit to us,  the posters.

Perhaps if enough posters request it they may eventually give in.  After all, no one wants to chat back and forth where everyone can read your most private thoughts.  "Be the reason someone smiles today."

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rockygems123   A Seafood Broil is a wonderful melange of seafood, plus extras.  Most are boils, but I put mine in a very hot oven instead.  

Crab clusters, lobster claws & arms, mussels, and shrimp -- some add clams, but I don'tlike clams.  Add red potatoes, corn on the cob (cut into thirds) and sausage (usually andollie or smoked sausage/Kielbasa).  This year I used chorizo sausage, but I'll go back to my usual smoked sausage next time.  

Add lots of favorite seasonings (Old Bay is a must), garlic cloves, halved lemons, butter, stock (seafood, vegetable or even chicken stock will do).  Put in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes covered, then 10-15 minutes uncovered.  

Smiley Happy

@Caaareful Shopper 

Wow just wow!  Sounds so delicious and I love the oven part. Will be definitely making this, thanks for sharing. 

Seafood sounds so refreshing. After these 2 meat days of ham & prime rib we'll be having one pan shrimp puttanesca to have a lighter meal.  

@rockygems123  Now that sounds marvelous!

@Caaareful Shopper 

Stacey presented it once when she had her own show, it's most like Ree Drummond's Shrimp Puttanesca recipe, so good. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

My wife has been gone Pet Sitting since Wednesday. But I am never alone. Though we recently lost 3 of our felines via euthanasia, I still have 3 of them, and Lily, our 1 canine with me.  Alone? Nah!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Cakers3   I signed up in 2007 but don't remember being allowed to exchange phone numbers or e-mail addresses.  I did manage to give one poster my e-mail address because we enjoyed one another and being able to communicate outside of the Forums made a huge difference.  I don't understand why they won't allow us to do that, no harm to QVC and a great benefit to us,  the posters.

Perhaps if enough posters request it they may eventually give in.  After all, no one wants to chat back and forth where everyone can read your most private thoughts.  "Be the reason someone smiles today."

@Lindsays Grandma   Hi LG-I also signed up in 2007 (dates are wonky from one of the updgrades).

Yes we could put our email in our profile.  It was optional.  It was how I contacted Gloriajean and I was her first "friend" on here, too.

PHone numbers would have been exchanged privately through emails.  Our profile only allowed us to list our email.

I don't know when the option to list our email ended.  I know there had been some problems between posters where emails were not kept private and hard feelings developed between some posters.

It could be why the Q removed that option because the problems were escalating.

Of course back then we didn't have mods so a lot of cat fights were normal. 

Plus there were other "private" chat sites started by posters from here and the pm's on those sites were posted here.

It really became out of control at some point.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh