Honored Contributor

Re: Any one alone

[ Edited ]

Yes. First Christmas without both my parents, a very sad day for me. 

I put Wonder Woman 84 on pause because I was falling asleep, have felt tired all day. But I put on a red top and a Christmas scarf and my makeup this morning. Listened to some Christmas music, can't handle too much of it. Doing the best I can today.

Pouring rain instead of snow, so at least I don't have to shovel.

I did put some decorations and lights up this year and I have enjoyed them.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 : So sorry for the loss of your parents this year.

I do hope loving memories of all the many Christmases shared over your lifetime will bring comfort and a smile today.

Respected Contributor

Other than meeting my brother-in-law at the door to get the dinner he dropped off, I have been alone today.  It was a great day....i talked to my children and grands, got surprised texts from a couple of friends, and texted with all my siblings.  Opened the gifts under my tree, and was touched by the love and kindness shown.

I have been watching Christmas episodes of old shows on Antenna-tv, sometimes switching to Christmas music, and took a 2-hour nap!

I have had a real sense of peace all day, knowing those I love most are in their homes, safe and healthy, and having their own celebrations.  

It has been a different Christmas, definitely....but a good one for me in spite of the challenges.  

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest. You have your Golden Retrievers and I have my Labrador Retrievers. All great dogs. I hope I remain healthy enough to have my pets in life. They keep me active. I was alone at the dog park, actually snowed so made a path. Didn't stay as long as paws got cold but it is sunny and they got to run a bit. I have no family to speak of. I should be used to it by now but not always.

Honored Contributor

I just want to thank everyone, you always have a kind word and advice to offer, I really appreciate everyone here.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Insert Zoom for Facetime, and same here @JaneMarple .  All family members in their respective homes.

First time in 31 years my son and I have spent Christmas (and Thanksgiving for that matter) apart.  My 94 year old mother has been living with my sister since March, and we are all very grateful for that.  

I made a Seafood Broil Christmas dinner, for one.  I'm laughing at the enormous amount of food that yields.  Good thing I like leftovers.

A very, very different holiday season for sure. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

What is a seafood broil?  I was intrigued plus your comment about the enormous amount of food it yields.  Same here, a large prime rib & tons of veg last night, 18lb ham today....for 2 people.  Lots of ham sandwich size packets in the freezer soon! 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but I have kept myself entertained.

IMG_1154.JPG

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Yes, I'm all alone and feeling blue.

While you may physically be alone, please try not to feel lonely, as there are many of us "here" with you in our thoughts ❤️

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

@goldensrbest , yes, I've spent today alone.   Will be glad when the day is over.   At least we have the forums to come to.

@newjersey.  Amen!  The forums are great entertainment.  Just chatting with a bunch of friends.

@Kachina624 @turquoiselover 

I decided a couple years ago to stop using Facebook and it was a great decision, I felt it was a time waster.  Not a time waster here on the forums, it is a treat to hear peoples' opinions from around the country.  It can be educational, fun and great company.  

Honored Contributor

For those who are alone today....Some jokes to make you smile.

Hope these cheer you up and pray the coming year will bring you peace and joy.