Honored Contributor
On 6/15/2014 ROMARY said:

There could be 'children only' flights.............oh, wait....... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

What about family flights where children's films are shown and maybe a coloring book and crayons provided?

Honored Contributor

Oh, gazelle, I've become a slightly 'Mr. Monk' type of person, too...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor
On 6/15/2014 sunshine45 said:

adults are usually worse than the kids on flights.....way worse.

i am all for adult only flights for those that want them. i probably would not be taking them however, especially if they cost more.

My feelings also.

Respected Contributor
On 6/15/2014 Clover29 said:
On 6/15/2014 brii said: I've flown a lot. Adults have annoyed me more than the children that have Been on flights. Lol

Adults don't spend the whole flight kicking the back of your seat.

Anytime I've had that problem, all it took was a request to stop the seat kicking and that was the end of it. If you just sat there not saying anything, it couldn't have bothered you all that much.
Trusted Contributor

gazelle77: My thoughts exactly..........Driving is better for the first four or whatever years. Less stress, etc. In fact, as a previous long distance traveler, I now prefer staying close to home, on ground. Things just aren't 'the same' anymore........

It's hard to drive across an ocean. Sometimes, it's necessary for young children to fly. My dad was stationed overseas and I was 3 when we flew over to join him. It was a much longer flight back then (no passenger jets). The difference is, my 5 year old brother and I were taught to behave. Having said that, I've seen obnoxious flyers at every age. The key is not how old you are but how you behave.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

occasional rain......You know, that could be a lot of fun for the children and the parents! Getting to know other moms/dads across the country/world, forming friendships. Having a lot in common.......It could be a sort of 'Disneyland in Air'...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
On 6/15/2014 Tyak said:
On 6/15/2014 brii said: I've flown a lot. Adults have annoyed me more than the children that have Been on flights. Lol

Anytime I've had that problem, all it took was a request to stop the seat kicking and that was the end of it. If you just sat there not saying anything, it couldn't have bothered you all that much.

The last one I remember, I did ask. "Mom" was aware of what her kid was doing, and I could hear her keep saying, "Stop it, don't do that" and it made no difference whatsoever. Apparently the kid behind me was more stubborn than the kids behind you. Kids are like that, they're like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/15/2014 Tyak said:

I agree. If a child or an adult is annoying me I don't hesitate to ask them to stop the behavior and they usually do. Sometimes at parent gives me a dirty look when I tell the child to stop kicking the seat, but I can live with that. By the way I have experienced an adult kicking the back of my seat.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor
On 6/15/2014 adelle38 said:

gazelle77: My thoughts exactly..........Driving is better for the first four or whatever years. Less stress, etc. In fact, as a previous long distance traveler, I now prefer staying close to home, on ground. Things just aren't 'the same' anymore........

It's hard to drive across an ocean. Sometimes, it's necessary for young children to fly. My dad was stationed overseas and I was 3 when we flew over to join him. It was a much longer flight back then (no passenger jets). The difference is, my 5 year old brother and I were taught to behave. Having said that, I've seen obnoxious flyers at every age. The key is not how old you are but how you behave.

I guess getting to somewhere far far away has just never been so important to me. I know there are people who love to travel. I am just a home-body. Might drive to the
Washington coast for a couple of hours and spend the week end on the beach. That is about it. No flying for me.

Honored Contributor

adele38, Yes, very true.......Although I wasn't even thinking about the children factor. Just in general, because of all of the pre-flight business now-a-days, etc., etc., and, it just isn't the same as years ago. Not a lot of pleasure, flying, it seems. Unless we're on a private jet.......