Regular Contributor

How ridiculous. I've seen more problematic adults on planes than children. Maybe those who can't tolerate children should stay home because kids are everywhere.

Betty

Trusted Contributor
On 6/15/2014 ROMARY said:

adele38, Yes, very true.......Although I wasn't even thinking about the children factor. Just in general, because of all of the pre-flight business now-a-days, etc., etc., and, it just isn't the same as years ago. Not a lot of pleasure, flying, it seems. Unless we're on a private jet.......

I vote for a private jet. I'm flying to London soon and while the trip is usually quite pleasant, I'm beginning to dread it. I need to stop reading the board.lol

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor
On 6/15/2014 Clover29 said:
On 6/15/2014 Tyak said:
On 6/15/2014 brii said: I've flown a lot. Adults have annoyed me more than the children that have Been on flights. Lol

Adults don't spend the whole flight kicking the back of your seat.

Anytime I've had that problem, all it took was a request to stop the seat kicking and that was the end of it. If you just sat there not saying anything, it couldn't have bothered you all that much.

The last one I remember, I did ask. "Mom" was aware of what her kid was doing, and I could hear her keep saying, "Stop it, don't do that" and it made no difference whatsoever. Apparently the kid behind me was more stubborn than the kids behind you. Kids are like that, they're like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.

If that was the case, next option, flight attendant is brought into it and that would end it.
Super Contributor
On 6/15/2014 Tyak said:
On 6/15/2014 Tyak said:
On 6/15/2014 brii said: I've flown a lot. Adults have annoyed me more than the children that have Been on flights. Lol

Adults don't spend the whole flight kicking the back of your seat.

Anytime I've had that problem, all it took was a request to stop the seat kicking and that was the end of it. If you just sat there not saying anything, it couldn't have bothered you all that much.

The last one I remember, I did ask. "Mom" was aware of what her kid was doing, and I could hear her keep saying, "Stop it, don't do that" and it made no difference whatsoever. Apparently the kid behind me was more stubborn than the kids behind you. Kids are like that, they're like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.

If that was the case, next option, flight attendant is brought into it and that would end it.

You have an answer for everything {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} All I said was, "Kids kick the back of your seat, adults generally don't".

Honored Contributor

I like occasional rain's idea...........Flights for children! Disney should think about that one! And send occasion rain a check for that idea!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I certainly would pay. I have been on flights where women whip out a breast to nurse babies - kids who kick the seat from behind me for hours, toddlers screaming for hours because their ears hurt, kids who threw up , kids who are running up and down the aisle. I was , unfortunately, on a flight once with a very ill 6 yr old who was running a high fever and the entire staff was busy trying to keep the Mom supplied with ice to try and get the fever down so he would not have a seizure. I happened to be the Mom of the child on that flight and it was an awful 8 hour flight to England.We tried not to disturb anymore than necessary but we did need to keep wiping him down with cool water because he had a high fever that was not breaking. I would absolutely pay for an adult only flight if that was available.

Honored Contributor

Parents no longer consider what's best for their children; they drag them along everywhere with no thought to their child's comfort. I've seen women shopping, trying on clothes while their small children have to wait and wait. They take obviously sick children along when the child should be home in bed. They take their babies on unnecessary plane trips knowing it will cause them pain in their ears.

Some parents treat their children the same as they do innocent bystanders, they just don't care and expect them to just put up with any unpleasantness because they want to go somewhere or do something.

Honored Contributor

Hey, Adelle 38..........Can one search for a seat on a private jet? Just curious........Another great idea for private jet owners! Wow, how smart are we, anyway...........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Feel sorry for sick babies/youngsters in stores, restaurants, etc.......... coughing with bronchitis type of coughs, looking very ill, etc.

Honored Contributor
Children need to be taught how to behave in public and in social situations. That's part of being a good parent.