Respected Contributor

Re: A wake up call to being kind.

i would like to buy this gal a cup of coffee and to completely ignore the mean girls permanently.  they're not worth even thinking about.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skuggles wrote:

I am not always kind, so this is an exemplary reminder.

@skuggles  yes...  so true. We all can be more kind. I need to work on that as well.

But to make such hurtful comments  about someone out loud to shame them in public... so unexcusable!! These women were just horrible examples of selfish thoughtless people to the extreme.

. Sometimes being cruel   is not so extreme but just as bad. Case example magazines that show stars with no make up or pictures  if they have celulite... or say the website People of Walmart  that show pictures of people to belittle them.   They are also just cruel and mean ways of putting others down but people call it funny to make it seem OK.

Trusted Contributor

@baker wrote:

Sorry ladies, I don't buy into all this goodness and light stuff. They will just think this Dianne is a fool and move onto their next victim.

@blackhole99  BUT if it makes other people open their eyes and stop shaming and such, it does make a difference. These women may never change... but we can change from seeing them act  in such a thoughtless cruel manner.

Valued Contributor

Those nasty women sound like the type of bullies that we all knew about in our school daze.  That was probably where their lives' peaked, and they haven't progressed or matured even a little, since then.  

One day, my young son came home from school crying, because another kid called him weird.  I smiled & said, "That's wonderful, son!"  He looked confused and asked me why, and I said, "Well...think about other kids you know.  They all have different personalities, right?  So, what if you were stuck on a desert island with only one of them.  Would you pick a friend with a boring personality, a mean personality, or a weird personality?"  He thought about it, grinned & said, "Weird--because they are fun & interesting!"  "There ya go, son!"  

Those 3 cackling women would all be left off-shore my island & swimming for coffee elsewhere, lol.  I'll take the kind woman & her kid.  They deserve the free refreshments.  And this is Captain Jack Sparrow's island in my fantasy, and I know where the rum has gone!  true-smiley-face.gif

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I might trip handing them the coffee I had just purchased. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

It never bothers me if someone thinks they make me a fool by demonstrating that they're one him or herself.

Respected Contributor

Anyone can use thier "finger" to express what they are thinking.  But, they will remember the coffee.  They won't admit it, but they will.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That story failed to mention that she posted to FB a photo of her flipping them the bird after supposedly buying their coffee. I fail to see how she has turned the other cheek or is setting a good example for her daughter.

Her story doesn't ring true to me. It looks like a ploy for sympathy. There is a gofundme account set up for her (of course). Although she didn't set it up, she's been sharing the link and promoting it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I might have bought them the coffee, but the devil within me might have asked the waitress to take the coffee to "those total losers over there." 

Not if I had a toddler with me, though--just if I was alone.

Respected Contributor

Daisy, people are probably sympathetic to her because the articles being written are leaving out her original post, which was anything but gracious. She closed the post with a selfie of her holding a coffee cup with her middle finger raised.

I saw this story a few days ago, and I read her original FB post (I can't seem to find it now). It immediately set off my BS meter. LOL.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu