Trusted Contributor

Can not wait until midnight and they stop with these hour presentations on a chair.....OMG! Enough!

Honored Contributor

The chair is on its last presentation.  You can catch Tuesday night beauty and the find shortly.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have had real problems with Lazy Boy.  That was after two successful recliners we bought (one in the 70's) and another in the  80's.  Those were excellent chairs~!

We decided in the mid-90's to buy a living room suite from them and that's when it started.  Long story including many, many visits trying to repair seams pulling apart because the fabric was too loosely woven.  It included foam that started collapsing after about three months.  (I've sewn my entire life and know there are "grades" to foam).  The company argued with me on that one.  We went around and around with them after spending $6k on new furniture.  It was junk.

We would still own that horrible suite but I was able to get the owner's telephone number.  He owned 5 stores in the city we were from.  My husband and he "talked" about it and we were offered the opportunity to select new furniture in it's place.  We were grateful, but it didn't last three years.

So the next sofa we purchased was from Flex-Steel and we happened to speak to the owner of that company by chance.  He used to work for Lazy Boy and was privy to the decision by LB to reduce the longevity of their furniture.  In other words, instead of manufacturing the pieces to last 7 years.... they purposely decided to manufacture their items to last 5 years.  To insure the public would be back sooner in order to buy.

This gentleman q 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

This gentleman quit the company and went to work for Flex Steel.

I found this very interesting and will never buy this product again.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Just another 3 hours & everyone can start complaining about all the cooking & eating.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading Q4U's post....I am glad that I didn't have room for that chair..I was thinking how nice it looked and if i had a place for it....I would have purchased it....but for that price I want it to last a decent amount of time without any aggravation about bad material...

Anyone know what tomorrows TSV  is going to be....

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

After reading Q4U's post....I am glad that I didn't have room for that chair..I was thinking how nice it looked and if i had a place for it....I would have purchased it....but for that price I want it to last a decent amount of time without any aggravation about bad material...

Anyone know what tomorrows TSV  is going to be....

T-Fal grill, $130 on easy pay