Valued Contributor

Mabellline Lash discovery mascara has been my favorite drug store mascara for several years. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I just checked this out online.  Ulta also has it too, and its listed as cruelty free, they do not test any of their products on animals!  Thats a winner for me! I will definetly look for this mascara.  Thanks 

Valued Contributor

A "great mascara" has been the single most  "bane of my existence" ever since I was a pre.pre teen! 

I thought I'd found the closest to wonderful with Mally's "white tube" mascara!  And we know what happened to that mascara  ~ *POOF*!!  ~

As I'm advanced in age, I've come to expect too much of any mascara anyway.  cause, --> ...  "I can't make lashes where there ain't none!!"  .... <--   I know,  I know ..   *nasty self reality!*  . . but  "survival of the fittest," .. and I'm still here!  (just not with the same hopefully, youthful, full lashes!)

So, I've found the following alternative, & i merely perfected the application of the following "light" eyelashes. 

• "Eyelure Naturals False Eyelashes Multipack, Style No. 020 Black, Reusable, Adhesive Included, 3 pair"  (Currently ($10, or $8.50 on subscribe........ even more reduced if bundled with other "subscribes*

• "Dorisue Short natural eyelashes false eyelashes natural wispy lashes 4 eyelashes pack lashes pack"  ($14 for pkg of 4 pairs)

i happen to have these on "subscribe," delivered every 2 mos, with the "Az" online company.

I hope the "Az" online mail order, exact search for these,  yields the same product (& reviews) 

(Now, ... that's not to say I'm not a "glutton for punishment," & will probably try many of the tempting mascara's that Beauties here recommend!!    heh

Thanks for this Topic!

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

Maybelline Makeup Full 'N Soft Washable Mascara, Very Black Volumizing Mascara, 0.28 fl oz ...

I've been using Maybelline's Full 'N Soft washable formula for several years.  I don't find stray lashes on my cheeks anymore.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor
Another vote for Lash Princess. The primer is also excellent.
Also, for those with slow growing, thin or sparse lashes, revitalash really does work.
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
Another vote for Lash Princess. The primer is also excellent.
Also, for those with slow growing, thin or sparse lashes, revitalash really does work.

I also love the lash primer, have it on my Amazon subscription too.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

@LuvSoCal - provides both volume and length.  I've tried many other brands and this one is tops.   Hope it works for you if you decide to try it.

@San Antonio Gal  At that price I'll definitely give it a try.  Will pick one up the next time I'm at Ulta.  Thank you for the input.

Respected Contributor

All my life no matter what mascara, drug store or highend that I use, I get darkness or flaking under my eyes.  I have hereditary under eye darkness and don't need any thing that makes it worse.  Also I would put on mascara in the morning and my lashes would look big and then by lunch it would have dissappeared.  I found that tubing mascara was the answer for me.  No darkness or dissappearing.  I use Honest mascara.  It has this white stuff you put on first and then the mascara.  My lashes look the same at the end of the day and no undereye darkness from them.  I have used other tubing mascaras and they all work well. 

Super Contributor

Was reading through this and had to throw my vote to Essence too, I have bad allergies so I use the waterproof one and it's better than any other mascara I've used, I was used to ordering Too Faced Better Than S@x waterproof but it's not as good as their regular one, Essence I can get like 5 for that price and it's better. A friend recommended it and I didn't expect it to be as good but it blew me away. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

@LuvSoCal - provides both volume and length.  I've tried many other brands and this one is tops.   Hope it works for you if you decide to try it.

@San Antonio Gal on another thread, you mentioned that you liked to use this mascara with the Lancome Cils Booster primer underneath.  I've used and loved both of these products but never together.  How would you describe the difference the primer makes under the Essence mascara?