Honored Contributor

Re: Need new mascara

[ Edited ]

@Midmod wrote:
Wow! I've never seen the black and green tube before. going to check those out asap tomorrow!! TY!!

They have it at Ulta too.  If you can't find it, Amazon is another option.  I have mine on subscription.  $4.74, free shipping for prime members.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Essence mascara is the best!

Valued Contributor

Maybelline lash sensational sky high is wonderful; however, after purchasing several times, I realized it was not lasting very long before it seemed like it was too dry to use, or I had used it all.  Decided to try Thrive mascara the one that Sensational sky high has duped.  It is such a good formula and one tube lasts for much longer than two or three of the Maybelline.  I can get a solid three months out of it.  Get compliments all the time.

I've been wanting to try the new Mac Stack mascara.  It looks like a a good one and is getting great reviews.

Honored Contributor

Great Lash

Rimmel but haven't seen it in a while

Honored Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
I need a mascara. I always have used double extend L'Oreal mascara. But the last 2 tubes that I've bought within the month are just leaving flakes and dots everywhere under my eyes, on my face. I'm sick of buying a new tube only to have this happen. L'Oreal mascara has never done this until it's gotten old but these are new tubes.

I can't afford QVC mascara so only drugstore recommendations please. TY!!

@Midmod   I've used the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for many years. I've also gotten a few tubes that flaked...dried out. I returned them for others, no questions asked. I never use high-end mascara because I toss it every 3 months finished or not.

I also use a freah tube for each client and they take it home. No chance of contaimination. I don't think I'd giveout $25 mascaras.

***When I do brides' makeup, I do use Lancome Monsieur Big and they keep the tube. 

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  What do you like about this Essence mascara?  I love my Lancôme Idole but would use a lesser expensive one on days when I don't fuss much.

@LuvSoCal - provides both volume and length.  I've tried many other brands and this one is tops.   Hope it works for you if you decide to try it.

Respected Contributor

Essence, the green one. I call it my 1, 2, 3 Woosh mascara. Makes lashes long and lush!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I second, third or fourth the Essence mascara with the green writing.  It HAS to be the one with the green writing on the tube.

I have tried the others, with the exception of the waterproof versions, and they are a no.  When I needed a new mascara last time, I bought a YouTubers recommendation of the Essence Lash Stylist and I don't like it at all.  

Maybelline Lash Sensational is another favorite.  I like it slightly less than the Essence because it has the rubberized brush and I prefer the old school wand on my mascara.

Another I love is L'Oreal Age Perfect Lash Magnifying Mascara but it is hard to find.  It doesn't beat out Essence but it's a good one.

Respected Contributor

I keep trying others and always go back to Tarte Lash, Camera, Lashes - I actually just bought a 4 pack on sale because I finally decided not to try others. 

I put one coat on and let it dry for about 45 seconds, do a 2nd coat, wait again and then a 3rd. I am 50 and get asked what mascara I use all the time.