Respected Contributor

Prai Ageless throat & dec cream - Is it just me?

I go the BIG tub when it was a recent todays special.

The first time I wore it I only went to the grocery storer, I always put a dusting of bronzer over my neck area just to warm it up, nobody can really tell it's there, it just helps blend my face and neck is all, I have done this for YEARS so it's nothing new, when I got home my neck was pilling all over, the only change I made was the cream.

Then the last couple of days I thought my neck was peeling for some reason, I was like what the heck so I got out my big daddy zoom mirror and sure enough there was more pilling (no bronzer used, I had not left the house)

Looking further, my chest area had the same white 'residue" "pilling" after applying it there.

So many love this but I'm thinking I might be returning it, YES it was a great value and I hate to return it but I am NOT globbing it on, just using it lightly and making sure to rub it all the way in, I have tried this for 5 days now and have the same issue.

Is it only me??? I guess I'll be returning and trying something diff., I was really hopeful because it really is a HUGE tub and great value.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prai Ageless throat & dec cream - Is it just me?

The Prai Throat Serum pilled on me, but I'm having a great experience with the AM and PM creams so far.  By chance, are you using anything else on your neck besides the neck cream?  I'm wondering if there's a combination of ingredients that aren't cooperating?

Honored Contributor

So sorry this isn't working for you.  I've been using it about 2 weeks and haven't had this issue. I don't rub it all the way in, almost all the way but not quite, and then let it absorb in on its own.   

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  Yes, it pills on me also. That is why I do not care for it.  I think what causes it to pill is that it is suppose to lift your neck and whatever they use to make it do that, causes the pilling action.  

Trusted Contributor

Hmm, I use that cream and have not had any problem with pilling.  And I do mix it with several other serums and oils.   🤷‍♀️

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It is not just you.  It pills up on me, too.  I had a large jar that I tried to "use up" on my legs.  The insides of my pants were coated with white residue bits, after that experiment.  So icky. 

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

Hmm, I use that cream and have not had any problem with pilling.  And I do mix it with several other serums and oils.   🤷‍♀️

Same for me, @BExplorer.  Whatever I do on my face with detox pads, essence, serums, I bring down the neck and dec, then either face or neck moisturizer. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't put any makeup on over it and I've had no pilling whatsoever.  I've only used it daytime and too soon to really make an assessment but so far I'm liking it.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SandGirl  Yes, it pills on me also. That is why I do not care for it.  I think what causes it to pill is that it is suppose to lift your neck and whatever they use to make it do that, causes the pilling action.  

@SeaMaiden  I am so glad it's not just me, I admit that I do not over exfoliate my neck but I do exfoliate it and of course my chest so I knew it wasn't dead skin cells plus the tiny pilling is white.

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

It is not just you.  It pills up on me, too.  I had a large jar that I tried to "use up" on my legs.  The insides of my pants were coated with white residue bits, after that experiment.  So icky. 

@september   Thank you for taking time to reply, I actually feel better knowing it's not just me, I actually put some on my lower tummy today and waited about 15min before getting dressed, it's all over my black shirt I had on today... So yet, it pills.