New Contributor

Took the leap, and am in love. My hair look's, and feels so lovely. With just one washing of Wen, no styling product, no rollers, nor grief... It is soft, shiney and look's incredibly healthy. I am so pleased, that I had to share my experience as a first time user. I am also a first time poster, and want to thank you ladies for all your great beauty posts, I have utilized through the years. Since my hair came out so nice just using the CC SAM, would you add anymore WEN products to my experience, that would make it even more of a slam dunk? Is that even possible?

Valued Contributor

Welcome on your new membership.

I was a longtime lurker myself. It has been so liberating just talking about my hair. These ladies and perhaps gentlemen sure know their facts and figures, alone with great tips.

Oh btw, never ever use any Wen products on cats.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you're happy! You didn't mention how long you've been using WEN. If you've been using it less than a month, I wouldn't worry about adding anything else just yet. Get to know it and see if you like it or want to switch formulas. Sweet Almond Mint is my favorite scent, but it doesn't work for my hair and I use Fig with any other WEN formula I use to add enough moisture for my hair. You may want to keep Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), switch for something with different properties, or just change up because it's fun. Smile If you hear about a seasonal formula scent you like, I recommending giving those a try. Each scent is only available for 3 months and then it's gone and may never come back.

If you heat style, you might want to add the styling cream for heat protection. If you don't and you're still happy with WEN wash and go hair after a month, I wouldn't worry about the styling products at all. I've used them all and moved back to curly hair specialty styling products.

I definitely recommend the oils because they are so versatile. I use them as an overnight hair/scalp treatment, I add them to my body lotion for the lovely scent and added moisture, and I use them on my face. When I was sick, I massaged the Tea Tree and Eucalyptus and Sweet Almond Mint into my forehead, temples, and cheekbones to help relieve my sinus headache.

The Remoist is great if your hair tends to be dry or get frizzy. It's a great deep treatment that you can leave on overnight or leave on for 40 minutes or more. I've left it on while I cleaned or watched a movie, as well as overnight.

One of my favorites is the Replenishing Treatment Mist. I keep my Sweet Almond Mint mist in the fridge and when I come home at the end of a hot summer day, I spray it all over my face, neck, shoulders and the small of my back. The cool mint is a great refresher. You can also use it on second day hair, but I love it even more for my skin than my hair.

Welcome to the forums! Let us know how your WEN journey progresses.

Honored Contributor

That's the part about WEN that I don't understand. If it's so great and makes everyone's hair so perfect and heavenly.....why does WEN sell all the other "stuff"? If you have your smooth, shiny, bouncy hair, why would anyone need the add-on products?

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2014 chrystaltree said:

That's the part about WEN that I don't understand. If it's so great and makes everyone's hair so perfect and heavenly.....why does WEN sell all the other "stuff"? If you have your smooth, shiny, bouncy hair, why would anyone need the add-on products?

Really? Have you ever walked into a grocery or drug store and seen all the products there? You know that's not a WEN only thing, right?

Each product offers something different. You may not need any of them. You may want them for your hair type and desired outcome. Just like with anything else on the market with an extended product line.

You can use WEN as your shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, shaving cream, and deep conditioner. If you have very dry hair, you might want to add an additional deep conditioner or treatment, but many people won't need to. Some people never use a styling product and don't need to use a WEN styling product if they don't use anything now. I can't do that with my hair, but I don't use the WEN styling products.

I have no idea why people find that confusing with WEN when it happens with everything else. You can't use a regular shampoo as a conditioner, leave-in or deep conditioner. You can use a regular conditioner for some of those things - I did for years - but the conditioner I used to wash my hair wasn't effective for me as a conditioner or a leave-in and I needed to buy another product for that. For some people, it would be enough, but my hair is dry, frizz-prone, and color-treated. If yours isn't, maybe you can't understand how many products some other people use without WEN.

Esteemed Contributor

Chynna, you said it perfectly!

My hair needs Wen Fig and Wen 613. ReMoist and Tea Tree Oil are icing on the cake.

Easy, read the threads about the Treatment Oils...highly recommended!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2014 easypeasy said:

Took the leap, and am in love. My hair look's, and feels so lovely. With just one washing of Wen, no styling product, no rollers, nor grief... It is soft, shiney and look's incredibly healthy. I am so pleased, that I had to share my experience as a first time user. I am also a first time poster, and want to thank you ladies for all your great beauty posts, I have utilized through the years. Since my hair came out so nice just using the CC SAM, would you add anymore WEN products to my experience, that would make it even more of a slam dunk? Is that even possible?

easypeasy, congrats on your lovely Wen head of hair. That's great that Wen made such a difference in your hair the very first time (that was my experience with Wen as well). {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My suggestion to you would be to just start simple, read the Wen Forum, and add products slowly. If you purchased the TSV then you will also have the Styling Creme and the Replenishing Treatment Mist which are both popular Wen products.

I posted the information below in the Wen 101 thread. It's is my observation about which Wen products Wenner seem to use the most regularly. -- bebe Smile

--

MOST POPULAR WEN PRODUCTS (in my opinion)

1) Cleansing Conditioner

2) tied for the second spot:

* Styling Creme

* Treatment Oil

3) Replenishing Treatment Mist

4) Mousse

5) Re-Moist

6) Volumizing Treatment Spray

7) Glossing Serum

8) Body Cleansing Creme & Body Lotion

9) Wen Comb & Brush

-- Based on what I've read in this forum, I think these are the most popular products. Most people use the Cleansing Conditioner, Styling Creme, and Treatment Oil (or their own homemade version of 95% jojoba oil, plus a maximum of 5% essential oil). A lot of people use the Replenishing Treatment Mist, Mousse, and Re-Moist (though most don't use all three of these products). I've included this information because if you're new to Wen, it can be a bit daunting trying to figure out where to start. Personally, I think thatjust starting with the cleansing conditioner is a good way to begin. Chaz has created a number of different products in response to what's been requested, so just use what you need.

----

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Chynna, you said it perfectly!

My hair needs Wen Fig and Wen 613. ReMoist and Tea Tree Oil are icing on the cake.

Easy, read the threads about the Treatment Oils...highly recommended!

Below, I've also posted these hot links to Wen Treatment Oils threads which are also in in the Wen 101 thread (for easy access). -- In particular, Hilary's Benefits of Oils thread gives a great overview to the Wen oils. enjoy! On an unrelated note, waterdragon's tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site thread has great tips for using Wen. -- bebe Smile

--

Wen Treatment Oils -- Benefits of Oils -- 1st Oil Treatment - WOW -- Any suggestions? Just received my first Wen oils...... -- Mixing oil with cleansing conditioner for leave-in -- HELP, please! Really, really oily hair and face..... --WEN Oil - how frequently do you use and how long does a 4 oz bottle last for you? -- other oils -- Coconut Oil....Have You Tried It?

--

Wen Treatment Oils - tea tree oil -- ? about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil --dramatic results after 6 months of TT oil treatments

--

Super Contributor

Look at it this way...the outfit I have on today looks good and serves it's purpose. I don't need the necklace and the earrings I have on, but it adds the finishing touch and makes it look even better.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/21/2014 FLsunlover said:

Look at it this way...the outfit I have on today looks good and serves it's purpose. I don't need the necklace and the earrings I have on, but it adds the finishing touch and makes it look even better.

Great point Flsunlover, but you're talking to a brick wall; some people just want to nitpick, and are not looking for actual answers.

The question (comments) ,about auxiliary products, comes up all the time but apparently no one has given an adequate answer, yet.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️