Super Contributor

WEN Oil - how frequently do you use and how long does a 4 oz bottle last for you?

Thanks for your input.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Oil - how frequently do you use and how long does a 4 oz bottle last for you?

A bunch of views and no replies yet. I wish I could be specific, but I can't. I have several bottles going at the same time and I'll pick whichever one strikes my fancy at the time. And I also have several bottles in reserve so I don't really skimp because I have plenty waiting. I use 3-4 droppersful at a time and do the oil treatments 2-3 times per week.

Super Contributor

Re: WEN Oil - how frequently do you use and how long does a 4 oz bottle last for you?

It's really hard to tell...I have several bottles that I'm currently using (fig, pom, tt, sam, smc) Mostly they are the 2 oz bottles, but I have a couple of 4 oz bottles in my rotation also. I do a treatment about 3 times a week and use 2-3 droppers full. I only put it on my scalp and brush it through. My hair (just past chin length) is short enough that when I brush through it distributes through the length some. So I really can't say how long a 4 oz would last me. Not sure if that helps any...

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Regular Contributor

same as JLF here - I use it every other day, but have 4 bottles of different oils going. I could hazard a guess that 1 4 once bottle would last me 3 months. I use 2 full droppers per use. I have a small head.

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

A bunch of views and no replies yet. I wish I could be specific, but I can't. I have several bottles going at the same time and I'll pick whichever one strikes my fancy at the time. And I also have several bottles in reserve so I don't really skimp because I have plenty waiting. I use 3-4 droppersful at a time and do the oil treatments 2-3 times per week.

This. I also use some of the the Sweet Almond Mint oil whenever I apply my body lotion and use the Tea Tree for my face, so if you only want to use a bottle for hair treatments, I just can't say. I'd guess 2 months, but it could just as easily be one if I used the same bottle for face, body and hair.

Contributor

Does anyone know how many droppers are in a 4 oz bottle? That would be helpful in determining how long one bottle should last. As the others have said, it's pretty hard to gauge if you have several bottles going at the same time. Along with scalp treatments I have been using about 4 droppers (from 2 oz bottle) on my body immediately after stepping out of the shower- one for each arm, one for each leg. This has helped my dry, winter skin.
Super Contributor

Just started my oil treatments had my second oil treatment this week. Wish I would have done this along time ago, what a difference it makes.

Contributor

I do treatments twice a week, using 4 dropperfuls. I also use a single drop or two in my wet hair after cleansing twice a week. I only have one oil so far, so I can tell you that after a month of this, my 4 oz bottle is a third of the way gone. Based on this, the bottle should last me about 3 months as long as I don't use it for extra things like bath and body.
Frequent Contributor

the problem with this question is that there is no precise answer. how long a 4oz bottle lasts depends on how often and how much you use at any given time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2014 txrose said:

Just started my oil treatments had my second oil treatment this week. Wish I would have done this along time ago, what a difference it makes.

Me too, tx. I did my second one last night. My scalp is very happy!

I appreciate all of the replies, because they are all different, especially the uses.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.