Esteemed Contributor

When I'm shopping for something specific, I look everywhere. Then again, there is usually only so much I'm willing to pay, especially knowing that I can find comparable quality & colors at better prices.

Some things are entirely unreasonable or simply out of my perceived and/or practical budget.

Whether clothing or cosmetics, generally, I just get what I think is the best I can afford, but it doesn't always have to be this way.

It's all relative. And how I feel today I may feel differently tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

This argument again? Wink

To each his/her own. I could buy expensive cosmetics, but why bother? I have other things I'd rather spend my money on. (definitely not clothes or handbags!) You will never convince me that "high-end" is better or healthier than drugstore.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor
I do understand what you are saying because that is how I feel about purses. They are as interesting to me as luggage or reusable shopping bags. They only need to carry my stuff from point a to point b and my purse won't make me look any better. I like a few drugstore products however I have noticed the older I get the better my makeup has to be. Smiley Wink. There are a lot of inferior drugstore products and you may just spend more money searching out what works than buying a prestige brand.
Honored Contributor

As long as women can afford it and it makes them happy, I don't care what people spend their money on.

It's nobody's business...

Honored Contributor

What difference does it make to you ??? Did anyone ask YOU to pay for their "high end" cosmetics? And, for your information, "high end" is subjective. Means nothing. A $50 lipstick might sound like a lot to YOU, it's chump change to someone else. I get what's behind so many of these silly judgemental posts. Get life. Or even better, go buy yourself some "high end", perhaps that will make you feel better about yourself.

Super Contributor
I don't answer to anyone why I prefer a bit of luxury in my life whether it be shoes, handbags or prestige makeup. I worked hard for years and the payoff is being able to spend money on extras. What other women do with their money is none of my business....
Honored Contributor

If you can afford it, go for it!! And really, spending $42 on Laura Mercier tube of moisturizer really isn't high end is it? High end to me is well over several hundreds of dollars in a spa or 5th avenue dermatologist that I would never be able to afford. I have a few things that are pricy for me in my economic condition but not a whole counter top full. I also have more important things to spend my money on too, that isn't cosmetics.

Esteemed Contributor

I should add that a lot of times it's whichever I see first.

First come; first buy! Smiley Happy

Contributor

Why do so many of these rants about what people choose to buy and spend on always seem to reek of envy and jealousy? Just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

When I worked I was strictly a makeup snob. I thought that if it was not high end, it would not be any good. I have since changed my thinking. However, I still do buy some high end simply because it is something that I want. Today I bought a couple of Milani lipsticks for $5.99. They seemed to have the same color density as some of my high end lipsticks. Usually I stick with high end foundations because they seem to work better for me.