Respected Contributor

I Recieved my Tarte TSV Already !

I got home from work at 11p and it was here already! Boy that was really fast!!

I'm going "test drive" it tonite on a body part that the world will never see. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I was confused about the reviews on the product page (the original size) compared to the comments here on the day of the presentation, but decided to try it.

I'll report in, in the morning about the color.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Re: I Recieved my Tarte TSV Already !

I did a test patch on my stomach and this morning it was a very light ""tan"".....color was NOT orange-y or muddy.

The smell was actually pleasant.

More to follow.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Valued Contributor

You will love it. This is my favorite although that may change when I try the Vita Liberata

No thought is worth thinking.....
Contributor

I got mine tonight this is my HG tanned I couldn't pass it up and a little goes a long way.

Super Contributor

I have a question. I received mine this afternoon and just finished 'tanning'. While this product is very dark in the tube and on the mitt, it really didn't appear to be very dark on my skin. Basically I would compare it to the coloring of a tea stain. So...I guess (hope) it develops into a much darker tan in the next eight hours? St Tropez gives me a much darker look upon initial application. I really want to love this product so I hope this develops a whole lot darker over time.
Contributor

On 5/8/2014 benzgirl said: I have a question. I received mine this afternoon and just finished 'tanning'. While this product is very dark in the tube and on the mitt, it really didn't appear to be very dark on my skin. Basically I would compare it to the coloring of a tea stain. So...I guess (hope) it develops into a much darker tan in the next eight hours? St Tropez gives me a much darker look upon initial application. I really want to love this product so I hope this develops a whole lot darker over time.

Yes it does darken a bit after it develops. If you are looking for a dark tan apply 2 days in a row it builds.

Super Contributor

Thank you jam. That's what I hope. Five hours now and NO faux tan smell! I love that - just keeping my fingers crossed for a nice tan development. I will definitely tan again tomorrow if it's not dark enough. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I finally tried Tarte Self Tanner the other night. Although, initially the scent is nice, after it starts 'to do it's thing' the scent changes and has that faux tan smell. It's not as bad as some of the others, but it's there.

With that being said, the color is very natural. I got a little too much on my knuckles and I used some Philosophy body scrub to lighten it a little (it wasn't hideous, but I could notice it) I'll use more moisturizer on my joints..fingers/toes/knees/elbows before I use it next time (which might be tonite).

I only used it on my arms, legs and chest area.

Truth be told, I'm not sure I'm a "faux tan" kinda gal. It's just another "chore" to add to my regimen.