Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fox News Cable Women's makeup

No matter how pretty they look,I will never watch that "news" channel.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

I have never noticed that, thought they covered their assets qite nicely.  Watch the guests on the late night talk showss, they have a similar problem.

Respected Contributor

@Silverfox1  I agree the gals on Fox News look fantastic.  However, I saw a video of Megyn Kelly on TV and she DID NOT look so good.  I was quite surprised.  So, I think the rest of the responses are spot on - makeup artists and lighting.  (I also think they should wear their dresses a bit longer.)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

...and at home, if you're looking at yourself with lights above your mirror, you're not seeing a very flattering image of yourself.  Downlighting causes shadows and is extremely unflattering!  Side sconces are the most flattering lighting.  I can be all happy with my made-up self and walk into DH's bathroom where he has 300W of light above his mirror and it.ain't.pretty!  Lighting is everything (in the home, on set, in a restaurant, furniture store, clothing store, etc). 

Even in department stores which rely on fluorescent lighting-- that can change how you look in natural lighting too.

This is why its recommended to take sample liquid foundations home and try them in various lighting to see if they look great or blah on you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

...and at home, if you're looking at yourself with lights above your mirror, you're not seeing a very flattering image of yourself.  Downlighting causes shadows and is extremely unflattering!  Side sconces are the most flattering lighting.  I can be all happy with my made-up self and walk into DH's bathroom where he has 300W of light above his mirror and it.ain't.pretty!  Lighting is everything (in the home, on set, in a restaurant, furniture store, clothing store, etc). 

This is so funny to me.  I always look great with my bathroom lighting. Hair looks fuller, face looks softer, than when I catch myself outside, especially at work in the mirrors, I am always surprised.  Not looking as good as I thought.  Just makes you wonder what you really look like.  Which image is correct.  lol?  

Honored Contributor

I agree they do all look beautiful.  That said, I often see in the magazines where they post pictures of STARS WITHOUT MAKEUP. 

Some of still beautiful and some, not so much.  Most look like a normal person.

Respected Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

In our home we are watching Fox News on a cable station. I am so in love how the women have their makeup done. It is absolutely perfect.

I am wondering if anyone else watches cable news and sees the makeup on the anchor women. 

It appears more matte, less blush, not too much eye shadow, and the foundation and concealer blend perfectly. Do you think this is all airbrushed? How do they find the perfect color foundation?

Am I the only one who likes it? I know the matte look is in now and these women just look beautiful to me.With all that be being said I know it most likely is not a natural everyday look but I sure would like to know how to get that perfect look. Does anyone know how to get that look or how to get in touch with the makeup artists on these shows?

I know I sound crazy.LOL! but I would love to know how to get that perfect look. Any ideas?

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.....

TIA!

Dear Marcee,

It took me a while to find a really good foundation that was matte and made my skin look flawless.  I finally found it on QVC:  IT Cosmetics Full Coverage Physical SPF 50 CC Cream (with Plush Brush) (A264626)

IT Cosmetics Full Coverage Physical SPF 50 CC Cream with Plush Brush - A264626

NOTE: I don't use a brush to apply it, but it is a good buy w/the brush.

I cannot say enough things about this foundation.  Not only does it look great, but it is great for your skin.  It has an SPF of 50, so you will not need an additional sun block.  I have found that QVC has the best prices--especially when they have a special going on. 

If you want to try it out first or check out the colors, Ulta and, I believe, Sephora, carry it.

As far as copying the makeup of your favorite television anchor, I would suggest capturing a picture of them on their website, printing it, and taking it to Ulta or Sephora and someone there to help you achieve that look.  I have found salespeople in both companies to be very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

These women aren't any different then you and me.  If you know how to apply makeup properly, you can achieve the same look as them.  

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Makeup is one thing-those really short skirts on their show "Outnumbered" is quite another........

I think the women on outnumbered look great in those short dresses.  They look smart and sexy. 

Regular Contributor

Totally agree-love that they are all so smart and beautiful! I use to enjoy outnumbered-is it me or is the last 40 minutes of the show 30 min of commercials????