Regular Contributor

Fox News Cable Women's makeup

In our home we are watching Fox News on a cable station. I am so in love how the women have their makeup done. It is absolutely perfect.

I am wondering if anyone else watches cable news and sees the makeup on the anchor women. 

It appears more matte, less blush, not too much eye shadow, and the foundation and concealer blend perfectly. Do you think this is all airbrushed? How do they find the perfect color foundation?

Am I the only one who likes it? I know the matte look is in now and these women just look beautiful to me.With all that be being said I know it most likely is not a natural everyday look but I sure would like to know how to get that perfect look. Does anyone know how to get that look or how to get in touch with the makeup artists on these shows?

I know I sound crazy.LOL! but I would love to know how to get that perfect look. Any ideas?

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.....

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fox News Cable Women's makeup

Don't get an inferior complex.  Meygan Kelley explained one night that it's all in the lighting.  She said 'we don't look this good in real life, believe me - they (FOX) put lights down in front of the desk which directs light up to our face which eliminates shadows".  She said shadows makes a person look older.  (pretty honest I thought)   So - be happy with the good looks you have.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

In our home we are watching Fox News on a cable station. I am so in love how the women have their makeup done. It is absolutely perfect.

I am wondering if anyone else watches cable news and sees the makeup on the anchor women. 

It appears more matte, less blush, not too much eye shadow, and the foundation and concealer blend perfectly. Do you think this is all airbrushed? How do they find the perfect color foundation?

Am I the only one who likes it? I know the matte look is in now and these women just look beautiful to me.With all that be being said I know it most likely is not a natural everyday look but I sure would like to know how to get that perfect look. Does anyone know how to get that look or how to get in touch with the makeup artists on these shows?

I know I sound crazy.LOL! but I would love to know how to get that perfect look. Any ideas?

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.....

TIA!

@Silverfox1- it depends on the anchor, some are younger, others its genetics but a lot is smoke and mirrors....I always like the makeup of Dana Perino and Harris Faulkner..  

Esteemed Contributor

Makeup is one thing-those really short skirts on their show "Outnumbered" is quite another........

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it was inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

In this age of hi-definition television and the need for anchors to look great, I am sure they pull out all the stops for lighting and make-up. I am guessing the foundation make-up is the air brushed spray on type, and probably layers of it!

Theater, cinema and movie make-up is not at all what we all use in daily life!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I agree, they lookk fantastic.

Honored Contributor

...and at home, if you're looking at yourself with lights above your mirror, you're not seeing a very flattering image of yourself.  Downlighting causes shadows and is extremely unflattering!  Side sconces are the most flattering lighting.  I can be all happy with my made-up self and walk into DH's bathroom where he has 300W of light above his mirror and it.ain't.pretty!  Lighting is everything (in the home, on set, in a restaurant, furniture store, clothing store, etc). 

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Makeup is one thing-those really short skirts on their show "Outnumbered" is quite another........

-----------------------------

I agree...somebody has got to teach those ladies how to sit correctly when wearing short skirts!!  Don't they have monitors in front?? Or at least camera people who can notify them that the viewing public can see up to their  cr**ch!!

Honored Contributor

They do great, but the lighting has something to do with it.

I took a picture  last spring in a photobooth and let me tell you that was the best picture of me ever.  The lighting in there was amazing.