Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

@Sherrilz wrote:

Stocking up is my downfall.  When I do find something I really like, I feel the need to stockpile it.  You're right though.  Then I find another latest and greatest item and the stuff I stockpiled just sits.  Or like you said I have changes in skin or whatever and then the item doesn't work for me.  The one thing I have done is kind of combine products.  Like I use a liquid foundation applied lightly and then use a powder foundation lightly over it.  It works pretty well and I can use up more products. 

I did get a few of my new It Cosmetics purchases in the mail this week.  I am having my husband give them to me for xmas.  So I'm not going to open now.  I'll try them out after the holidays and see how it goes.

@Sherrilz

That crossed my mind when I finally found a source for Lumene products again.  But I've been keeping an eye on their website and they seem to be rolling out new products all the time.  Walgreens, CVS and Ulta display a product one day and it's gone the next.

I think I'm just going to use what I have and when it's all been discontinued, I'll move on to whatever Lumene product is available and looks like it could work.

I must be losing my mind.  I said that new 60 Second Facial smelled like butter.  I used it again today and it just reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner.  A buttery, herby scent that smells like Thanksgiving dinner.

Must be losing it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Stocking up and free shipping are two of my many weaknesses.

Contributor

Yeah and I actually buy more to get free shipping.  I am a sucker, for that as well as limited edition items.

Honored Contributor

Did someone say free shipping?  Where?  Where?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Our Zamberlan boots showed up today and they are amazing.  BH can't get over the fit.  I can't get over the instruction book in 24 different languages.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies

I'm trying to be consistent with the Lumene and so far, so good.  It really hasn't been so bad without makeup but I do have one concern.  One of the reasons I stick with CC cream is that it has some skincare and sun protection benefits.  Going without a "protective layer" in the NM sun isn't the best idea.  And I still can't smear an SPF on myself.

Maybe powder isn't your best option during the winter.  At this point I don't think I could ever go back to it.

I'd be ripping open those boxes right now.

@just bee I am glad the Lumene is working for you. I am going to start using my new stuff this weekend and see how it goes. At least the stuff I received. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I agree, I dont think the powders are working for me right now but I am trying to use what I can for as long as I can, which I suspect isnt much longer. I hope I am not done with powder foundation, I have a ton of it. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies

I’ve only used Bare Minerals original powder foundation for years.  I never liked liquid and cream was always too greasy for me.  And I’ve tried a zillion different brands over the years because I hate foundation in the first place, and I’m lousy at applying it in the second place.  

But over the last couple of years, once my skin started drying out a little, the powder just doesn’t cut it anymore.  It looks dry and flaky for hours after application until my skin finally can manage to produce a little bit of oil, then it looks fine.  I tried a couple of other foundations since then, but for one reason or another didn’t like them.  So I just gave up on foundation, as well as most other “makeup”.  I just use a touch of concealer on the really bad spots and a bit of tinted lip balm (only because my lips are normally dry), and if the rest of the world doesn’t like my face, they can kiss my...pinky finger.

One of the benefits of getting old is you don’t care about a lot of things that used to be so important in your life.  But then, I don’t have a job that I have to consider either.  I don’t think I could go to work bare-faced.

@geezerette

Me too, I have a jar of the BE foundation.  The big daddy size they had for an anniversary a couple of years ago. Why did I get it you ask - why they were featuring a new brush I just had to try.  Ask me how many times I used that brush. I remember liking the foundation when I originally started using it but I should have skipped on the supersized.

So many foundations, so little face.  I agree, I think powders may not be my thing anymore but I am going to fight it for awhile and see how it goes.

As far as going to work with no makeup, I am lucky at my place of work, I would say the majority of the women dont really wear any and if they do, it is minimal except for a handful. So, I am not out of place if I am not wearing any. And honestly if I was, oh well.  But, these days, I am using mu and only what I put in my mu basket. It works well and I dont always use everything, just what I have time for.  I am liking the makeup basket, it is easy.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

If I didn't have a job I'd shave my head again.  I'd shred all my school papers.  I'd go on a long road trip.  I'd return to the local literacy group and tutor ESL students again.

Wasn't bareMinerals the bomb?  I didn't start wearing foundation regularly until I discovered it -- and that was in my late 30s.  It was so easy, so dependable.

Sigh.

@just bee, seriously dont even get me started. Do you know how many times I entertained the thought of shaving my head and starting from scratch. Woman LOL   I would even entertain a temporary tattoo on the side of my head. I can be Sinead O'Connor, maybe I can even go a little crazy.  Why not, I feel crazy at times, might as well act the part.

Just think, we could save on shampoo.

Respected Contributor

@Sherrilz wrote:

Stocking up is my downfall.  When I do find something I really like, I feel the need to stockpile it.  You're right though.  Then I find another latest and greatest item and the stuff I stockpiled just sits.  Or like you said I have changes in skin or whatever and then the item doesn't work for me.  The one thing I have done is kind of combine products.  Like I use a liquid foundation applied lightly and then use a powder foundation lightly over it.  It works pretty well and I can use up more products. 

I did get a few of my new It Cosmetics purchases in the mail this week.  I am having my husband give them to me for xmas.  So I'm not going to open now.  I'll try them out after the holidays and see how it goes.

I can relate. @Sherrilz.  Do you know how many times i have gone for the latest and greatest and then they just sit there while I go exploring something else only to then decide I dont want to use it all.  LOL. 

Enjoy your goodies. At least you will have some fun things under the tree.  I will say as much as I am  trying to stop the flow, I still get excited at the packages and trying new things.  Just trying to be more mindful but this month was a big fail.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Stocking up and free shipping are two of my many weaknesses.

@geezerette,  Uh, are you slipping woman, dont forget sales and coupon codes.  You know, so we can save a few bucks just to have the things taking up real estate.