Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@aprilskies wrote:

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

 

And adding it up, yikes just about sums it up. Absolutely, the no buying is reserved for New Years.  Why torture ourselves.  Woman LOLWoman LOL  Next year is a new year and we will need a resolution that needs breaking.

 

 

Our theme songs:

 

Ooops, I did it again - sing it Britney

 

Girls just wanna have fun....girls just wanna - take it away Cyndi.

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Speaking of which, Cyndi looks great on that psoriasis commercial.  I wonder what she uses...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,394
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Well, I wish I can say I did well, but I failed miserably.  I am clearly a person that needs to tune out, especially this time of year.  I bought things I didnt even know I was looking for.Woman Sad 

 

Good job to those that tuned out of the November holiday madness.

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Clearly you are not referring to me. Woman LOL

 

If it makes you feel any better, I ended up ordering items from Acure Organics.  I blame KatCat1!


 

LOL.  By the time I saw that one, I had ordered so much I refrained, however, that didnt stop my from looking. Woman LOL

 

I am going to make myself pull everything out this weekend and face what I bought. Woman LOL 


@aprilskies

 

And I'm annoyed at myself because it was so impulsive.  I had stepped away -- I don't need this stuff -- but then I started with the justification.

 

Well, you do need shampoo and conditioner.

 

And it's 40% off...

 

So what did I do?  Precisely the thing I swore I wouldn't do.  I ordered shampoo and conditioner but because it was on sale I didn't qualify for free shipping so I doubled the order.  I now have backups for a product I just might not like!

 

So what did I do after I placed the order?  Tortured myself by reading all the crummy reviews of the products.  And not only that, but I found the same products even cheaper on another site!

 

Karma.


 

LoL, yes, impulse got the better of me. 

 

I almost did that with the Kate Somerville set I bought. Except this time it wasnt due to shipping, it was due to the fact I didnt go through Ebates and they had a great offer.  You got a 10% code off the purchase and then another 10% ebates. The savings was substantial. Well, I forgot to go through Ebates.  So, I almost placed another order just because I was ticked with myself and then I figured well if I like it, I can get the second set at a discount. Well, I didnt even try the products and I almost bought a back up.  So, I pulled out the stuff to try and see if I like it.  So crazy.

 

This is why I stopped using Ebates a long time ago, I always forget to go through them and then feel frustrated.  It isnt worth the frustration.  And I never got a dime from them because I never followed up back then.

 

I have shampoo coming out of my ears and I just recently bought another one.  Well, I dont know which product I just recently added but my hair is looking worse than ever. Super dry. Ugh. I cant stand it. 

 

Did you get the hydrating shampoo?  If yes, let me know how you like it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@geezerette wrote:

 

@just bee

 

 

I had intended to buy some winter products, but when I found out that my favorite winter scent was being retired after March (sounding familiar, @just bee?), I went on a buying spree. 

 



@geezerette

 

Why, yes.  Yes, it does.

 

I recall a certain crispy marshmallow bars scent a few years ago...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,394
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

 

And adding it up, yikes just about sums it up. Absolutely, the no buying is reserved for New Years.  Why torture ourselves.  Woman LOLWoman LOL  Next year is a new year and we will need a resolution that needs breaking.

 

 

Our theme songs:

 

Ooops, I did it again - sing it Britney

 

Girls just wanna have fun....girls just wanna - take it away Cyndi.

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Speaking of which, Cyndi looks great on that psoriasis commercial.  I wonder what she uses...


 

Oh no, that girl doesnt sound like she is having much fun!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@aprilskies wrote:

I have shampoo coming out of my ears and I just recently bought another one.  Well, I dont know which product I just recently added but my hair is looking worse than ever. Super dry. Ugh. I cant stand it. 

 

Did you get the hydrating shampoo?  If yes, let me know how you like it.


@aprilskies

 

It was probably the one with argan oil. Woman Tongue

 

Yes, I ordered the ultra-hydrating formula.  The one with argan extract and argan oil. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

 

And adding it up, yikes just about sums it up. Absolutely, the no buying is reserved for New Years.  Why torture ourselves.  Woman LOLWoman LOL  Next year is a new year and we will need a resolution that needs breaking.

 

 

Our theme songs:

 

Ooops, I did it again - sing it Britney

 

Girls just wanna have fun....girls just wanna - take it away Cyndi.

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Speaking of which, Cyndi looks great on that psoriasis commercial.  I wonder what she uses...


 

Oh no, that girl doesnt sound like she is having much fun!!


@aprilskies

 

Well, besides the Heartbreak of psoriasis, she really does look great!  Must be good genes.

 

Well, except for the Heartbreak of psoriasis part.

 

And I don't mean to joke.  I was happy with the cheap Suave shampoo but realized it wasn't helping the dandruff.  That's why I ordered the Acure stuff.  Watch -- I'll find out it's actually the Heartbreak of psoriasis.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,394
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

 

And adding it up, yikes just about sums it up. Absolutely, the no buying is reserved for New Years.  Why torture ourselves.  Woman LOLWoman LOL  Next year is a new year and we will need a resolution that needs breaking.

 

 

Our theme songs:

 

Ooops, I did it again - sing it Britney

 

Girls just wanna have fun....girls just wanna - take it away Cyndi.

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

Speaking of which, Cyndi looks great on that psoriasis commercial.  I wonder what she uses...


 

Oh no, that girl doesnt sound like she is having much fun!!


@aprilskies

 

Well, besides the Heartbreak of psoriasis, she really does look great!  Must be good genes.

 

Well, except for the Heartbreak of psoriasis part.

 

And I don't mean to joke.  I was happy with the cheap Suave shampoo but realized it wasn't helping the dandruff.  That's why I ordered the Acure stuff.  Watch -- I'll find out it's actually the Heartbreak of psoriasis.


 

@just bee,   I havent see her but I do think genes have a lot to do with it.  I am sure she takes very good care of her skin too.  It would be interesting to know what she uses but I cant imagine she isnt getting laser treatments and more sophisticated microdermabrasions.

 

Have you tried the new Head and Shoulders shampoo with the conditioner - the 2 in 1?  I dont have dandruff but I do have hair issues and I figured I would give this a whirl anyway because of the raves. It weighed my hair down so it didnt work for me.  I am almost glad because it is not cruelty free and I felt bad in buying it.   But with hair, I am a bit desperate.

 

I have one with argan oil from the HASK line.  I like it but dont know if it is repurchase.  I have a few from that line with different ingredients to try. I should try the other 2 but I didnt want to open everything.  At this point, I need to start decluttering the ones that didnt work for me. I will use some as hand soap but how much hand soap can one have.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@aprilskies wrote:



 

@just bee,   I havent see her but I do think genes have a lot to do with it.  I am sure she takes very good care of her skin too.  It would be interesting to know what she uses but I cant imagine she isnt getting laser treatments and more sophisticated microdermabrasions.

 

Have you tried the new Head and Shoulders shampoo with the conditioner - the 2 in 1?  I dont have dandruff but I do have hair issues and I figured I would give this a whirl anyway because of the raves. It weighed my hair down so it didnt work for me.  I am almost glad because it is not cruelty free and I felt bad in buying it.   But with hair, I am a bit desperate.

 

I have one with argan oil from the HASK line.  I like it but dont know if it is repurchase.  I have a few from that line with different ingredients to try. I should try the other 2 but I didnt want to open everything.  At this point, I need to start decluttering the ones that didnt work for me. I will use some as hand soap but how much hand soap can one have.


@aprilskies

 

Don't get me started.  Costco had the jugs of the H&S with almond oil and did I buy one jug without knowing if it was any good?  No, I bought two jugs.  I managed to use the first jug but I'm stuck with the second, still unopened.  Made my hair feel like a Brillo pad.  Did nothing for the dandruff.  But that's me.

 

I was getting ready to give it another chance now that I have no hair.

 

I've done well at using my deadbeat shampoos as hand soap.  Where I get bogged down is with the worthless conditioner.  How much shaving gel does a person need?  It's not like I'm Yeti!

 

Although there was a time...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,045
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

Well, ladies, today is the last day of November.

 

A month that will live in infamy.

 

I think I'll blame falling on my face for falling off the wagon.  I know I rattled all the teeth in my mouth; I suspect I rattled my brain, too.

 

I feel like Michael Corleone.

 

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

 

For the most part, I'm satisfied with the items I bought, but I'm skeptical about the Acure order.  Which is still out there somewhere.

 

I've already justified the heck out of these lapses. 

 

I need winter products.

 

It's been like spring here in Albuquerque. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~