Occasional Contributor

MY SKIN ON FACE IS SO DRY MY FACE EVEN BREAKS OUT. I KNOW ALL THE CRYING I HAVE DONE, PLUS WORRY ALL THE TIME DOES NOT HELP??? CAN SOMEONE HAVE  A SUGGESTION  OF A PRODUCT I CAN USE . DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO USE ANYMORE ????? PLUS I HAVE HAD GRAVES DISEASE MOST OF MY LIFE IT IS HYPER OR HYPO  WHICH CAN MAKE SKIN VERY DRY. NEED SOME ADVICE. PLEASE!!!  THANK YOU,

Frequent Contributor

Not sure what price range but when my face is very dry I use the Cerave big tub of moisture cream, great for all over and Beautypedia wrote it up as containing good ingredients - can get at drugstore for around $14 lasts forever.  Good luck to you.  Hope you feel better soon.

Super Contributor
Argan oil.
Esteemed Contributor

coconut oil

shea butter

squalene oil

camellia oil

rosehip seed oil

marula oil

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

Since you mentioned breaking out, I'd avoid coconut oil. It's a known pore clogger for acne prone skin. I second the CeraVe & argan oil and use both together. I have the lotion (the cream is better for dry skin) and use argan oil on top.

Honored Contributor

@1 blue star

What are you using to cleanse?

My skin gets dry when I use (detergent) cleansers, so I use oil (a blend of olive/castor) or L'Occitane shea butter bar when I am lazy or traveling.

I use PTR creams for night, but my drugstore dupe is this-

Image result for eucerin co q 10

Esteemed Contributor

If your skin is very, very dry, try Elta MD moisturizer (intense moisturizer- blue--not red--- packaging - amazon). It's only about $12 for a 3.8 ounce jar. It's very soothing for very, very dry skin. It doesn't have a bunch of anti-aging ingredients, but it's a really good basic cream that will make your skin feel supple and normal again.

Valued Contributor

The Eucerin pictured above is a good choice.  Two years ago I had something break me out really bad  and I used that plus Vaseline Intensive care in the white bottle.  My skin was so dry it hurt and using Eucerin during the day and Vaseline at might helped get me back to normal in no time at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, I have oily skin that gets dry and flakey during winter.  I'm prone to breakouts and have occasional rosacea.  I've been using and loving the Neutrogena Moisture Boost gel.  But I agree that the Eucerin and CereVe are excellent also.   You might try cleansing your face at night with Pond's Cold Cream.

Good luck!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Maybe a visit to a derm could shed some light on your problem(s). Getting to the cause of your dry skin might give you a better understanding of how to treat it.Woman Happy