Honored Contributor

@dogsx3  I do not have any good advice.  But I won't make any uninformed judgements about your life.  I would hope if I was in that situation, I would choose to be happy and alone.  We never really know what we would do until we are in that situation.  I wish you the best - and that includes happiness we each deserve.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I disagree that 60 is young.  For some yes, but not for others.  You have to be sure you have resouces in case of a significant illness.

Also, if OP decides to move out, she will be even more alone unless she has a plan to find new activities and cultivate new friendships.  Being single does not magically become a full and active life.

And I'd suggest she start now on taking some baby steps to get to know more people.  Church group, book group at a book store, volunteer for something etc.  See how and if that changes how she looks at herself. 

@Sooner 

I wish I could have given you many,many more hearts for your very smart post  <3

Respected Contributor

Money or happiness?

You do not have to choose.  Stay in the relationship, it is not as though you are really being in a relationship, so you might use it as a advantage to find some happiness outside of it.  Live your life. 

Sounds selfish, crazy and wrong, but it does work out for some. There are always consequences to any choice but the important thing is that you elect to do what you want and the heck with the rest.