Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Stroll Down Memory Lane

@gidgetgh  I also remember Katie Keen comics that had paper dolls.  The comic books were 10 cents and we would exchange them. Read them on the porch. 

I bought my son his first comic books when we went to Disneyworld, he was six. He still has them. He aso owns his own comic book store. His degree on psychology helps every day!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SoX @bobby5 @qualitygal @BeccaLou @lovesrecess 

What ever happened to advertisement jingles?

”Dippity doo 

New!

Dippity doo

For setting your hair!

https://youtu.be/UUj9NRq3ys8

@LTT1  I used to love those commercials lol but now when I look at them the dippity do looks so gross! It's so thick and greasy looking.

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember this series of books?  I was a huge Nancy Drew fan and read every one that I could get, but I also LOVED the Donna Parker books.  I would be so excited when Woolworth's would get a new one in.

Several years ago, I found them all on Ebay and bought the entire set again.  I haven't read them again, but just knowing I have them makes me so happy.

IMG_0234.JPG

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Or how about this series of books, the Ginnie and Geneva series?  I would order these from the Weekly Reader.  i loved them.

I also was able to put together this set several years ago, from Ebay, and I DID read these again and loved them all over again and was a little surprised that as I got into each book, I remembered the plots.

IMG_0235.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh

I love your collection! My sisters & I had all the Nancy Drew books. Do you remember reading the "****** & Jane" books in elementary school? I just saw a ****** & Jane book in a catalog & thought about buying it for old time sake.😊
Trusted Contributor

Omg I was writing about something so innocent & a name was removed because it can also be a slang word. That didn't even dawn on me while I was typing it. What a sad time we live in. Sometimes I wish I was a kid again reading my Nancy Drew books.🙁
Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@gidgetgh

I love your collection! My sisters & I had all the Nancy Drew books. Do you remember reading the "****** & Jane" books in elementary school? I just saw a ****** & Jane book in a catalog & thought about buying it for old time sake.😊

@bobby5 Yep, I remember them!

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4

I sometimes catch myself humming (or singing) those silly commercial ditties!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bobby5  I still have my original **** and Jane books!

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers

I love it!