Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Stroll Down Memory Lane

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Wow, does that bring back memories!  I feel soooooooooooooo old!

Yeah?  My kids did these things!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Had ‘em all...loved my Betsy McCall paper dolls...
Esteemed Contributor

Good old days. I remember getting my 1st hair portable  dryer . It was in a case  with a head bonnet you attached to the hose . I remeber  my Dad givng us beatles albums in the very early 1960's.  I remember buying alot of albums . I had early Elton John among Crosby Stills Nash Young and so so many more . Alot of my friends with curly hair used to iron their hair  to straighten it .   Did anyone have a friend pierce their ear lobes with ice and a sewing needle ? Well, I did . I so wanted to wear my Mothers gold  earrings !

Contributor

I got a laugh of the title.  "Only Things Baby Boombers Will Remember."  Humm, I am far of being a Baby Boomer (I am a Gen Xer).  Alot of the stuff listed is more from the 70's and early 80's. You figure that even the late Baby Boomers would have only been 7/8 years old in 1970.  I remember alot of the mentioned being cool when I was coming up. 

Strange thing is that eveyone I knew who had an Atari.  It seemed to be a rainy/snow day thing. Even then kids still found ways to play with other stuff inside on those days.  I remember we had one and we rarely played it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yea, I do remmebr my Mother  buying  them at Woolworth's dept store

Thanks, for sharing the memory

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Good old days. I remember getting my 1st hair portable  dryer . It was in a case  with a head bonnet you attached to the hose . I remeber  my Dad givng us beatles albums in the very early 1960's.  I remember buying alot of albums . I had early Elton John among Crosby Stills Nash Young and so so many more . Alot of my friends with curly hair used to iron their hair  to straighten it .   Did anyone have a friend pierce their ear lobes with ice and a sewing needle ? Well, I did . I so wanted to wear my Mothers gold  earrings !

@skatting44. Yup, in college we ironed each other’s hair and pierced each other’s ears with ice and needle. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone sit at Woolworth's counter & have lunch? We did!
Respected Contributor

Woolworth’s was a favorite. Felt so grown up. Me BF and I would take the bus to the city to see James Dean movies. When an old song like Here Comes the Sun comes on I close my eyes and go back there. Smiles and a few tears.

Esteemed Contributor

You beta ya . We were so sad when they closed.

Then we went tp People Drug store as they had a lunch  counter too . Ice cream sodas and  grilled cheese sandwich was our treat  with my Grandparents

Esteemed Contributor

@bobby5   Woolworth’s was downtown, and we dressed up. They had great BLTs and made fresh large donuts there. There was a bakery also. Yum!