Honored Contributor

Re: February 2016 - Back Fence

Hey fencers it was a flippen hectic for me at work.  I hope that you all had a good one.  It's raining steadily here but that's beats inches of snow so I will just shut up and be grateful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

Whew I must smell like smoke.  No rain today so we have been burning fir branches that fell during our last storm and we barely made a dent in the pile.  Will do the same tomorrow if it doesn't rain. 

We had pork spare ribs, baked potato and salad for dinner and it hit the spot.

Gosh how fun to have a groundhog living under your porch but odd in all these years you have only seen him once. WE don't have groundhogs on our side of the mountains.

Winefred is Davy living with you now.  Where is Tessa. You are a saint taking care of grandkids.

Honored Contributor

@meuw

The front porch is kind of small and there is a big evergreen shrub in front of the area where Gerry the groundhog lives.  I tend to enter my house from the attached garage and my front porch doesn't get much action, short of mail carriers, UPS folks and me getting my mail out of the mailbox.  I tend to hang out in my backyard so I don't sit on the front porch.  It probably moves around more but I'm at work all day.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning everyone. I am freezing!!!!! Temps have gone up one degree however, it is now 24 degrees. I do know I could not get warm during the night, I am sitting here with a slanket on and a blanket over me - still cold. Heater has been going for a bit over an hour and you cannot tell it. Yes, it IS cold.

Have a few things to do today - have an early afternoon MD appointment as I want to find out - if possible - why I just keep getting so dizzy. I have brought this up before but after my annual - which I was not pleased with as far as my MD giving me good info and advice, I called him back and have another appointment. I want that addressed and also another ongoing question about screening my left leg again. He seems to shrug it off but I do have some arterial blockage there and that leg continues to bother me. We shall see what he offers up today. Smiley Frustrated

Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Busy morning so far.  Merle had a 7am cardiology appointment.   We tried to get them together but his trip to Florida messed it up.   He did ok. Will do some blood work and if all is well,which we are expecting he is good for another year

I had called Terri (cousin) to see if we could see her. Scott is in ICU still sleeping but visiting isn't til 9.  So I told her we would wait in cardiology lobby for her.  She didn't come and I figured the dr must have come In  After a while she sent me a text and said did I misunderstand where we were meeting?   She was in right floor but on opposite side of the building.  I was relieved cause they had called a code blue while we were waiting.  

A neurologist was called In And he said Scott is very sensitive to meds. They go to his brain.   They took him a off sedatives yesterday but he flailed around most of the day.   So they gave sedatives back last night so he would sleep

They are talking now he might be sent to rehab to be weaned off ventillaor but no time was given. He has been out two weeks now.     Terri said she thought they would need to staple him shut from his surgery first.     His colon was removed in a previous surgery a few years ago.   So it is a wait and see and pray thing

Honored Contributor

@yock

So they have Scott on ventilator support now?  If Scott is in ICU they probably put him on Adavan (don't know if I spelled that correctly) because being on ventilator support is no picnic.  At least that's how I remember it was for my Ma in 2010.  I am sorry he will have to go to another facility to be weaned off the vent.  Ma went through that too.  That poor man is surely working through a hellish experience.  I've witnessed similar and my heart bleeds for Terri.

Betty I have a flameless candle cycling for Scott.  I'll continue to keep it going until such time you tell me it is no longer needed.  I have some that I've kept going for a couple of years so I promise it will not be repurposed - I just buy more flameless candles.

I'm glad Merle's cardiologist appointment went okay.  7am appointment?  Jesus that's early.

Regular Contributor

Greetings all! Bernie, thanks for reposting your addy cuz I didn't see it originally. I agree with the 'no share info' policy. Anyway, number is in my address book.

I'm enjoying watching the Carolyn Pollock jewelry show.....the turquoise is gorgeous; watching, but not buying.

I think Gerry took one look at you and said, 'oh, no, here she comes to collect the rent!' and headed for the hills! Smiley Sad

I had a MRI of my head yesterday. I requested open air as I'm very claustophobic. Well, I learned there seems to be more than one type of open air and this one was not exactly to my liking, but after asking questions of the tech I agreed to the procedure and with a washcloth placed over my eyes which I kept closed the entire noisy time, I survived. My only question was whether or not I have a brain and after being assured I do, I went on my way, found Jim sitting patiently by a huge fountain doing what he loves to do when he's waiting and that is 'people' watching. We then went to Cracker Barrell for a delicious lunch. He had chicken and dumplings and I had chicken fried chicken which I love! Brought enough home for two more meals. Though there was no precipitation, it was some kinna cold! And the wind was blowing a gale shaking our vehicle as we drove, so we were more than glad to get home safe and sound.

Freddie, Jim appreciated your shout out and asked how you were doing and I didn't want to hear of your dizzyness and leg problem and worse the seemingly cavalier attitude of your doc. He needs to get his act together!

Betty, what a tragedy for your cousin. I hope the transfer is for the best and that he's soon back to normal.

Sorry about your kitty meuw. Are you still volunteering at the Sheriff's dept?

Happy Hump Day All! Sue

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone - it is about 8 degrees "warmer" than yesterday morning. I suppose that is encouraging. While I am cold sitting here I was not as cold during the night nor now - so yes, it is encouraging. The experts are still saying it will really warm up by this weekend. We shall see. Would sure love it. Also I need the warmer temps to use my weed killer for the South 5\40. All that ton of rain we got a few weeks back is making that barren part of my yard sprouting like crazy. I do NOT like that as I have to keep the weeds down due to fire hazards and getting nailed by the city. Am not happy about the foliage now growing as it will take a lot of work to get it in check. Sigh

After waiting nearly an hour yesterday for my MD - that never happens - he explained my dizziness very well. He was late as he was being "followed" or "shadowed". In other words another MD went with him on all his rounds. Have experienced that before with various doctors - it sure slows them down. I must really be lucky as I waited over an hour for my pulmonary MD - same thing.

In other words, will try to do this quickly but still make sense, he said he feels my dizziness is due to my using the treadmill - which he says for me to continue doing - but constant use can make you dizzy - remember I have very low blood pressure. He explained different things to me and the thing which most fascinated me was that these episodes also impact your brain. In other words my brain becomes dizzy. LOL.  Do not know how to explain it but it made sense - came home looked it up on the Internet and he was dead on. In other words, now I must retrain my brain. For me he said to use walking sticks as he STILL wants me walking which I have not done as it was too difficult due to my COPD - that is a must. Never heard of walking sticks - he said to get them at a sporting goods store - there is a Sports Chalet in Redlands so will check them out. I have seen people a couple times walking down the street with two things but never had a clue what they were.

Queen Sue, your fresh air test was also a new thing for me - never heard of that either. As we age we sure have to endure a lot of things don't we? I LOVE to people watch also so I understand Jim doing that. When I was a kid Mother use to take us to the airport to airplane AND people watch - always loved it. Long time ago.

Am leaving some blueberry bagels - love those things, also butter and cream cheese - take your pick. Also some hot tea and coffee.

Have a great day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Freddie, don't faint when you see the price of walking sticks.   

Sue, MRIs stink.   I always ask for a happy pill and a cloth for my eyes. 

Thanks is for the candle, Bernie.   I just wish Scott would wake up.   He will still have a long way to go.  I wonder if they thought they'd have to go back in since they didn't close him up.  We didn't get to see him, since they don't let you go back til 9. 

Yes, Merle's appt was 7:15.    Me ne is next week and I go in at 6:45.   I told him I take those early appts so he is fresh.  I asked the girls if they got to go home early but they said no, they go til 5.    

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Freddie, my BP runs low and your explanation makes perfect sense.

I had an interesting experience last night.  I got stuck in the elevator in the parking garage and the Otis elevator man had to come and break me out.  I park on the 7th floor (high as that garage goes) so I am going to look at this whole thing like an exercise opportunity and will start taking the flights of stairs to and from my parking spot.  I am not claustrophobic which was helpful last night and I was hung up in the elevator alone - also good because who wants to deal with a hysterical person?  lol