Honored Contributor

Welcome old friends and new to the Back Fence.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: February 2016 - Back Fence

Morning, Thanx @Bird mama, for starting February, can Spring be far behind?

Well I did it, the last of the frozen Christmas cookies are out by the back fence with some hot coffee, sorry I didn't have any tea  lol

Not much going on here today, will see if we get that storm, if so I'll decide about the airport in the morning, I know we're needed in these scenarios, but if it's icy, don't know if I want to drive, also sometimes can't get my car out of the garage (alley doesn't get plowed) unless DS gets here to do it, so time will tell

Hope all have a good day

Respected Contributor

Mercy me - I am not ready to post this morning. Will be back later. Goodness sakes. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the sun is shining here and it's expected to reach the 40's today.  I think we are getting rain tomorrow, which I won't complain about since I thought I saw some kind of Groundhog Day storm forecasted one day last week.

It's funny, I have a groundhog that lives under my front porch.  I don't know whether Gerry (not sure if male or female so this name goes both ways) will poke his or her head out on groundhog day.  Actually this weather has been so weird this winter, I wonder if Gerry had a nice and relaxing hibernation.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Michigan also. Walked the dog today wearing a hoodie and light windbreaker, no hat no gloves. What a treat!

ETA Don't want you to think that I forgot my pants, wearing those too.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, the sun is shining here and it's expected to reach the 40's today.  I think we are getting rain tomorrow, which I won't complain about since I thought I saw some kind of Groundhog Day storm forecasted one day last week.

It's funny, I have a groundhog that lives under my front porch.  I don't know whether Gerry (not sure if male or female so this name goes both ways) will poke his or her head out on groundhog day.  Actually this weather has been so weird this winter, I wonder if Gerry had a nice and relaxing hibernation.

@Bird mama get the camera ready, we want to see his/her pix and (or not) shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spix

This grounhog has lived under my porch for the 14 years I've been here.  Five will get me ten, it lived here with the original owner.

My mailbox is on a post by my fronch porch.  There is a big evergreen shrub in front of that part of the porch and the mailbox post is between the shrub and the porch floor.  My DH, many many years ago showed me a picture he took of something hairy poking it's nose out from under the concrete.  All we had for years was a nose to go by.  The way I saw it, it wasn't bothering me, lol.

Last year, when they reconstructed my street, they were at the part of the construction where I had to park down the street because my driveway was inaccessible.  I was walking from my car, parked at the curb a couple of doors down and that's when I saw the groundhog sitting on the bottom step of the porch, just surveying the world.  I slowly reached into my pocketbook to get my camera and it saw me and dived behind the shrub.

Only time in all these years I ever saw it out in the open, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama, I wonder if he's lonely, you think any of his/her family is there also? do you know what they eat?  What a wonderful story, think I'll google them, very interesting.

Super Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Welcome old friends and new to the Back Fence.  

Love the fence!!!!  Perfect for Valentines Day!

Heart

Respected Contributor

Did not make it back yesterday but here I am. VERY VERY cold this morning - hear it may get to about 80 over the weekend. We shall see if that is the truth. Probably not. I had heard from my Sis that it had warmed up in Michigan - made me laugh as she and her hubby are in Florida for 3 months and it ain't hot there. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Hope all are well.