Trusted Contributor

Re: February 2016 - Back Fence

Was the Otis man dressed like Superman?   Sounds like you took it pretty calmly. 

They reduced the respirator rate for 3 hours and Scott did ok. Then they reduced the amount of oxygen he was getting to almost nothing for four hours and he passed that too.  He didn't thrash around as he had before and started obeying some commands.  All positive signs.  His stomach isn't doing what they want it too and that is another thing that will take time.  Maybe today he will actually wake up.  Prayers are being answered 

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty I am so happy to hear that Scott is regaining some ground.  My mom went through a trach, stomach peg and then ventilator support and once we got her through that she said the stomach peg was the worst.  I feel sorry that Scott has a stomach issue.

The otis elevator man didn't look like superman.  I thought he was good looking, but it's not like I lingered around - I wanted to get into my car and head home.

He reminded me of a young Ed Harris with just a little gray stubble on his face, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

Cookies at the fence, yum.  I can only taste one.

Yesterday ws out 55th anniversary.  We didn't do anything special.  Both of us were just tired. We had been burning fir branches the previous to days.  We have a huge pile collected from our last wind storm.  Still have a huge pile to burn.  Thank goodness we have a good place to burn. The sun is shinning right now and shows how dirty my windows are. I need to invent automatically clean windows. No big plans for the week end. May go to our favorite spot on the beach and enjoy the sound of the waves. We really love retirement. I hope all the fencers also have a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, nothing exciting here, had a dusting of snow this am, but gone quickly, so far we are way below our average snow fall for this Winter, so we shall see what the future brings, it's not over yet

Steak dinner tonite, have some paczki's left on the back fence, enjoy!

Contributor

Yes Queen we still volunteer at the sheriff office.  We also deliver Meals on Wheels every other Wednesday.  Plus our church activities. Doesn't leave a lot of free days but it keeps us going. There is never a dull moment at the sheriff office. There are some crazy and stupid people out there.

Last week he had a transvestite come in and ask if they were allowed on the island.  He said "she" was dressed to the hilt.

Respected Contributor

Did not have time to check on walking sticks other than I had gone online and saw that Sears had them - cheaper than any place else that I saw. Hmn. Guess I had best take a run to Sears tomorrow.

I started putting together a new charcoal grill and messed it up and must find someone to bail me up. My hands do not work well like they use to and obviously neither does my brain. So anyway, started banging the end to the rod that holds one of the wheels with the cap that goes on and does not come off - only problem is I forgot to put the wheel on it first. Now I cannot get that )*(^& bent thing off. I cannot believe I did that - now not one smart remark from anyone please. Now the other wheel and cap went on fine except the top of the cap is crooked and I cannot straighten it out. Geesh!!

Had fried cabbage and cornbread for dinner - I love that Southern food so one and all are invited to join in if you wish. If you have not tried it, you should. Sooooooooooo good. Lot to do tomorrow and already sleepy. But then I love to go to bed at this time as I get up at about 4 each morning. Need to hold out a bit more tonight however.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Freddie I'm sorry your grill is jacked up.  I have noticed in the last 5 years, that items that require some sort of assembly, have lousy instructions that come in the box.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Winifred

Freddie I'm sorry your grill is jacked up.  I have noticed in the last 5 years, that items that require some sort of assembly, have lousy instructions that come in the box.  

@Bird mama,@winifred, I think they're written in ChiTaiwanese

Respected Contributor

@Winifred, I'll be there, fried cabbage & cornbread, don't have to ask twice.  Sorry you're having problems with the grill, those things are one of the hardest to assemble, in my opinion.

I'm having a taste for chicken wings, think I'll head to the store to pick some up, along with frozen french fries & coleslaw, should do it

Sun is shining & should be about 40, so a good day all around

Take Care

Honored Contributor

Hello all - had my semi annual teeth cleaning today.  After spending $$$ on adult orthodontics (early 20's) and darn near crowning every tooth, I am missing 3 back teeth, upper left arch.  I am like my maternal grandma, missing a tooth or two doesn't stop me from eating on that side.  Periodically my dentist will ask if I want an implant.  My answer is the same today as it was years ago - no concrete screws in my head, I'm going to be cremated and I don't want hardware rolling around the ashes (wink).

Today we discussed a partial - for me just for looks, in case I smile wide or laugh.  Again the implants came up and again I had to say no.