Honored Contributor

Just a question in my mind after watching the news

our homeless in Seattle are hosed in tents but our Syrian refugees have apartments...how is that fair?

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a question in my mind after watching the news

I just don't know.

There is a lot that is wrong in America.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

It's not. And the same with our vets that are homeless and living in the elements.

Where is the money coming from to house the refugees? An organization?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex, @on the bay@sandraskates, I tried a couple of searches and so far can't find anything about apartments in the USA for Syrian refugees.  I saw several about Canada.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was on the king five news tonight and the people were saying how thankful they were for the help and services provided.in the same news program they showed the rows of tents where the homeless are housed..

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

It was on the king five news tonight and the people were saying how thankful they were for the help and services provided.in the same news program they showed the rows of tents where the homeless are hosed..

Thanks, @dex!  I'll see if  can find it.  Maybe they'll explain who's funding this.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Hi @dooBdoo.

I too have seen at least 2 news segments focusing on new refugees to the US and they are living in apartments. I recall that one family had already had their young son in school but I did hear mention of either parent being employee yet.

Honored Contributor

It's a complicated situation.  Many of Seattle's homeless have serious problems and will refuse shelter.

Try The Seattle Times, too, @dooBdoo.  I have hit my limit of free articles for the month.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @sandraskates!  Hi, @tansy!

This must be the one, about one family:

"... They landed at SeaTac in November, and after bouncing between a few host families, they moved into a modest West Seattle apartment....

Twenty-one Syrian refugees have settled in Washington since October 2015, according to figures from early February. There were 25 Syrian refugee arrivals in the prior federal fiscal year...."

source:  http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2016/02/26/syrian-refugee-family-building-new-life-sea...

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@dex wrote:

It was on the king five news tonight and the people were saying how thankful they were for the help and services provided.in the same news program they showed the rows of tents where the homeless are hosed..

Thanks, @dex!  I'll see if  can find it.  Maybe they'll explain who's funding this.

The American taxpayer - that is who !