Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Icegoddess @Mom2Dogs 

No, sellers cannot leave a negative review. Ebay revised their policy of sellers leaving reviews to avoid retaliation by sellers. A seller is able to leave a comment under the negative review but cannot leave a negative "review" for a buyer. 

@cjm61  do you remember years ago when that was possible? I'm glad it changed but for some reason I can not leave a negative review for anyone anywhere. I prefer to stay far away from that person.

Trusted Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

I don't give negative reviews. I will write item was canceled. Too many times vendors and customers are under pressure and become flustered, especially if a customer is contacting them too many times with the same questions. We're all human and often times don't respond in a way a customer or vendor would like. 
I believe too many times a bad review is revenge.

Most ebay vendors are small businesses and a bad review does hurt their business.

'Your vendor was not out to get you. 

Under pressure? Really? Ebay is not a way to make a living, besides, she never contacted her about why she was canceling, if qvc did that, all h*** would break loose. The only way to get either this seller to smarten up, or quit selling on eBay is to let people  know what they're  dealing with. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I haven't dealt with eBay for quite a while, but I used to buy a lot through them.  I had mostly good experiences.  I'm not sure I ever left a negative review; maybe once, when a seller was really bad.  (Sent absolutely defective jewelry - missing stones, broken prongs - and basically said "tough"; refused to do anything about it.  I ate the cost, but left a negative review to warn others.  I realize now I should've reported her to eBay.)

I had another who was selling some earrings I wanted for a special occasion.  I emailed to make sure they would be sent in plenty of time (yes, absolutely!) and then used the BIN option.  Well, the earrings arrived way too late for the event and, when I contacted the seller, she simply said "Oh, I only ship on (blah, blah, blah) dates" and "I do the best I can".  And lie to your customers?  Would never deal with her again, if she lies just to make a sale.   I left a neutral review - earrings okay, seller not so much and why.

@Mom2Dogs - No, I would not retract your review.  From what you've told us, the seller had plenty of opportunity to explain the situation to you and make things right.

from your first paragraph, those earrings, if you file NAD not as described seller has to take a return, 

Honored Contributor

To my knowledge you cannot adjust a review.  DH once ordered two pairs of boots from different sellers.  One was great the other a disaster.  I inadvertly left his bad feedback on the wrong seller and Ebay wouldn't let me change it.  I felt terrible but learned to be VERY CAREFUL leaving feedback.  Don't be impulsive.