Respected Contributor

@gloriajeanwrote:

Joy!  How nice to see you!!  We do hope with all our hearts there is hope for her to not have pain, God's will be done.  That's great about little Gracie. Thanks for sharing.  

Thanks so much for caring and praying for us all!!  God bless you!!

I sure am praying that treatments can help alleviate Darla's pain and that those precious twins will be spared all together, Gloria! Have added their names with your petition to the prayer line at our church, too. 

Yes, little Gracie is doing well, though of course she wishes her mom (Suz') would bring all those sweet babies home for her to "tend to." She's always wanted a baby sister... She is blessed to have her baby cousin, Jaxon, though some days he's too much for her! He just had his first birthday on the 12th. I will have to get a recent pic of them both out to you ladies by email soon. Thank you for those you sent! Bea-u-tiful!! 😊 I still say they both favor their Uma! 

Another blessing to add: Hubby and I are leaving late Friday night on a church group tour of Israel for two weeks. It's long been our dream to visit the Holy Land, so we are so thankful for the opportunity. 

Chat more with you soon when we return. Take care and God bless you and yours! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor
  • Oh my Goodness! I thought this thread was way gone already and just saw this!  Jubilant, nice to see you, and I think you're right - I should keep up my back exercises.  I now have my doctor back to Physical Therapy for my right arm which I probably sprained by lifting the twins, but it keeps getting aggravated so needs attention, My wonderful PT, Nancy, works wonders.  She'll have that feeling better too. She has all of us in our family as clients. My husband is going back to her now for his foot with hopes he won't need surgery.  Joy what a privilege to have a chance to go to the Holy Land!  You will have to tell me all about it. A very holy experience from what I hear.!  I'll say a prayer for your safe trip.  Thanks for your posts evernone!  God bless you all!
Respected Contributor

Thank you SO MUCH for praying for our safe travels, Gloria. I am very excited, but naturally a little nervous, too. Have never been this far from home before. 

I will text Marcia, if I can't email you all as a group, to let you know when we arrive safely. 

Then, yes... I'll tell you all about it when we get back!! 

You take good care of that arm now. Glad the PT is helping you. Another great blessing, for sure! 💜

Esteemed Contributor

Joy, Of course you can count on my  prayers, along with every one else!  That is a long way to go!  Lots of flying!  And I bet lots of transfers too.  

For the heck of it, I thought I'd try a different font and color, my  post was so small!  Hope this comes out okay.

I had a friend from Church that went to the Holy Land in Oct. and she posted pictures etc. on Facebook so got to see her there.

God bless you!

Trusted Contributor

Your font looks just fine now @gloriajean. They are still messing around with this site, so the pages and fonts appear (and behave) differently on my devices each time I pop in to visit briefly. Too much reading here will give me eye strain with a headache. I pushed my font up to #4 this time and can only hope it's not HUGE for others' devices. 

Hope you are enjoying your time with the twins! I so appreciate the beautiful pics you sent us and I picture them in my mind while praying this EDS passes them by. 

I have a prayer request you can please add to your line for an 11-y/o special needs boy, named Anoki. He is a member of the ministry I told you about. Severely handicapped in body and with communication. Very frustrating for him and his family, as well as those of us who try to comfort and interact with him. We know the Lord can understand Him perfectly, but we all need help with it. In the meanwhile, we continue to love him and try to help provide for him and his parents. We humbly ask the Lord for guidance and opportunities to open up for Anoki and others like him. Pray he isn’t lost to utter despair.

Thank you and God bless you and all those praying here for one another, as well as sharing blessings through His grace. 💜

EFA5FBB6-F583-4F1F-9D68-12E70271C023.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Selah,  Your prayer request is on the prayer line!  

It was an enjoyable day with the twins there and here tonight as we celebrated my husband's birthday here with my daughter's cooking the meal.  The twins were good and I gave them a wagon ride down the halls and up and down the elevator which they love.  We pray that they won't get that EDS and that Darla can have comfort without pain.

Now she has a cold and bad cough, and we all hope none of us get sick.

Thanks for posting!  God bless you!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you on behalf of Anoki, his family and all of us who love him, Gloria. It's a heartbreaking situation, but we know he is here for some good reason. 

Tanya also sends her thanks for the prayers for her. 

No, I won't forget to pray for Darla's relief -- or Lori's strength through faith during her training as a nurse. No easy thing, I know! 

Happy belated birthday to your dear husband! 🎉 Sounds like a wonderful day and evening for the whole family!! 

Hoping and praying Darla's cold leaves her soon and doesn't spread throughout the family. Stay out of her cough zone and use those Lysol or Clorox wipes everywhere, Gloria -- including the door knobs, toilet handle, shared phones, etc. Let her use disposable plates, bowls, cups, spoons and forks whenever possible. We did this when Rowan picked up a bug at the school, plus she stayed in her bedroom mostly. No one else caught it. 

Have a blessed weekend!