Honored Contributor

Re: Week 17 of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Kudos to the Ravens for making the playoffs. Getting in is the key. You never know what will happen once you're in.

The Eagles had a decent game. Fortunately we didn't need more than a "normal" Mark Sanchez performance to beat the Giants. He made his typical mistakes, but we won anyway. On to the off season now for the Eagles. You're apt to see Chip Kelly at many/most of the big college games over the next few weeks. He loves to personally see the kids coming out of college.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts won their final game 27-10. Andrew Luck played the first half; Matt Hasselbeck finished the game. Luck passed Peyton Manning's record for most yards thrown in a season. Congrats to him!

Reggie Wayne was hurt, groin injury. He went out in the first half and didn't return. Thornton and Shipley were also injured. No details on how badly.

Later we'll find out who the Colts play: Pittsburgh or Cincinnati. Whoever wins will take the AFC North, and be 3rd seed since the Colts are 4th seed. So, the Colts would play the 5th seed and the winner of the AFC North play the 6th seed, who is Baltimore. Could be a Ravens- Steelers match up. That would be a good one.(I think I have this correct.) What if Denver loses, though? That may mix things up even more.

How to stop the Cowboys? I have no answer. Good luck to whatever team faces them. Seattle might have a chance, if they go far.

Right now I'm watching Detroit-Green Bay. Detroit's defense stopped the Packers early on. This game might be close.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Uh oh!!! Aaron Rodgers got hurt! I think where he's holding that leg is a bad sign. That's generally a sign that the calf muscle pulled away from where it attaches behind the knee. I think you'd prefer a tear in the middle of the calf rather than at the attachment points. If I'm right (and I'm not a doctor so I'm probably not) but a tear where he grabbed it may need surgery. That's likely to change the playoff picture a wee bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Rodgers' injury might not be so bad after all. He was shown stretching in the hallway and looked pretty good. Maybe a cramp or spasm instead of a tear?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Peyton Manning has been playing injured the past few weeks, which doesn't bode well for the Broncos in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers was carried off the field this afternoon ... OUCH! Even if those guys start in the playoffs -- and unless something is broken they will -- being less than 100% opens up the possibilities a great deal for the other leading contenders to make it to the "Big Game."

Frequent Contributor

One Word - Seahawks

Two Words - 12th Man / 12th Woman (the Fans)

AND - Pete Carroll, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman--All of the Team, actually

Excellent Job - The Region is Proud

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 gardenman said:

Rodgers' injury might not be so bad after all. He was shown stretching in the hallway and looked pretty good. Maybe a cramp or spasm instead of a tear?

The officials let that Lion stomp on Aaron's leg two times. Seems like the Lions are one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL.

Super Contributor

On 12/28/2014 AuntG said:
On 12/28/2014 gardenman said:

The officials let that Lion stomp on Aaron's leg two times. Seems like the Lions are one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL.

Yes, they are ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} But, I must say that the officiating at the game certainly favored The Packers for The Winners. (BTW, I'm not a Fan of either of those teams)--especially since Rodgers is/has been featured in sooooo many commercials for State Farm Ins. He is QUITE the actor and I believe his "leaving" with an 'injury', prior to halftime, shows what a Drama King he is ! {#emotions_dlg.glare} JMHO

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 teganslaw said:

The Colts won their final game 27-10. Andrew Luck played the first half; Matt Hasselbeck finished the game. Luck passed Peyton Manning's record for most yards thrown in a season. Congrats to him!

Reggie Wayne was hurt, groin injury. He went out in the first half and didn't return. Thornton and Shipley were also injured. No details on how badly.

Later we'll find out who the Colts play: Pittsburgh or Cincinnati. Whoever wins will take the AFC North, and be 3rd seed since the Colts are 4th seed. So, the Colts would play the 5th seed and the winner of the AFC North play the 6th seed, who is Baltimore. Could be a Ravens- Steelers match up. That would be a good one.(I think I have this correct.) What if Denver loses, though? That may mix things up even more.

How to stop the Cowboys? I have no answer. Good luck to whatever team faces them. Seattle might have a chance, if they go far.

Right now I'm watching Detroit-Green Bay. Detroit's defense stopped the Packers early on. This game might be close.

Hi TEGAN, CONGRATS on your Colts win! So sorry about Reggie Wayne .....hope the injury is not serious....And Andrew passing Petyon...WOW!

As for the Cowboys....keep in mind they were playing mostly against the Redskin RESERVES on defense....so the Cowboys defense just like the objects in your side view mirror may appear larger than life!!! I want to see how the Cowboys stand up to some real competition and a real defense.

One of the few good plays by the Redskin defense was when Kerrigan pressured Romo and Romo threw a pass under pressure which was intercepted by Jeffcoat, the son of the former Cowboy Jim Jeffcoat, unfortunately, Griffin threw the ball a bit high it was tipped and it was intercepted right back to the Cowboys....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Robert continues to hold on to the ball too long......He had a nice pass to DeSean for a TD, but on another pass DeSean limped off....

They showed Joe Gibbs sitting with Dan Snyder....I bet Dan was getting some advice from Joe on how to proceed with the team......Hey Dan---get O line and D linemen.....and build from there!

I know the Pats had nothing to play for....but HOW ABOUT THOSE BILLS and it was in Foxboro.....the Bills should make some noise in the playoffs next year if they can find a decent QB....

And another spectacular performance by JJ WATT!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

wow.......the ravens had a small holiday miracle occur! thank you to the chiefs and thank goodness the ravens came alive in the 4th quarter! wild card play here we come!

CONGRATS Sunshine on your Ravens making the playoffs......see I helped you....I didn't even mention them in my picks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”