Regular Contributor

Ladies, I need help. My daughter cannot use any feminine pads that are plastic covered, such as the Always brand. They irritate her. As an retired obstetric nurse, I have seen patients who could not use our maternity pads for the same reason. I don't want to buy every brand on the market just to see what their covering is, so do any of you know of a pad that has not plastic, but rather a fabric-type covering. I know that Carefree panty liners are like that, but they are very small. TIA for your suggestions on this.

Contributor

Kotex brand is more fabric like. When in need of panty liners I prefer those that have the fabric type covering as well.

Honored Contributor

Some will probably have better answers for you. But out of curiosity, I just did a quick internet search using your requirements. There do seem to be some "natural" brands, but a quick glance seemed to show that you'd have to order on line (i.e., Drugstore.com). I wasn't 100% sure they were what you meant, but you might take a look. Good luck in your search.

Super Contributor

Stayfree and Kotex brands offer some that have a cloth-like/cotton material. It usually tells on the outer packaging. This type is getting harder to find...

Regular Contributor
Stayfree brand. I don't care for the plastic coating on other brands. Stayfree is my go-to brand and I no longer try other brands. I remember New Freedom used to be like Stayfree but I don't think that brand is made anymore.
Honored Contributor
Kotex natural balance. Only problem is, I think they are being phased out.
Esteemed Contributor

There are other natural brands listed on drugstore.com. They have everything there!!

Super Contributor

I would highly recommend going to a natural foods store. They sell organic cotton pads and tampons. You may be able to search online for for these as well. They are not much more expensive than the name brands but much healthier (no bleaching chemicals used).

Super Contributor

Just looked, the brand is Organyc. Good luck. They claim no synthetic materials at all.

Valued Contributor

I don't know for sure, but I have purchased a few brands from Whole Foods over the years and I've been pleased. Their own brand pantiliners, for instance, worked well for me. The brand is called 365.