Honored Contributor

Re: Week 17 of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Okay, I didn't see that coming, but Doug Marrone has opted out of his contract with the Bills. He had an ability to do so written into his contract in the case of a change in ownership and ownership has changed, so he's decided to walk. Multiple reports indicate he's likely to end up with the Jets. Care to bet the Bills will be screaming "tampering" in the near future if he signs with the Jets? This will be interesting to watch. I've got a suspicion the Bills may get an extra draft pick or two out of this if there's any proof that the Jets reached out to Marrone before he decided to opt out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Marrone not only took a walk, but he took it with a $4 million dollar salary for 2015. Apparently St. Doug, as he referred to himself, wanted a contract extension and was refused. I doubt the Bills, and certainly not the fans, care if he goes to the Jets, and in fact welcome it. We'll always know if it's 4th and short, he will punt even if it's late and the game and his team is behind. And it will be entertaining to see how he deals with the New York media when he was too thin skinned to handle thw WNY scribes! General consensus: Don't let the door hit you on your way out.... Oh, and take Hackett with you.
Valued Contributor

Forgot to say... Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone's teams that are in the post season!
Esteemed Contributor

I thought that Marrone was well liked. That's how much I know! He had led the Bills to a winning season, and the team didn't move, so I figured that everything was getting better. The sports analysts are figuring that he already has an NFL job lined up somewhere. Is it true that Bill Polian is going to be GM of the Bills? I had heard something to that effect.

Also, with Kyle Orton retiring, I wonder who is going to be the quarterback. Maybe Buffalo will get someone in the draft, although they have a lower draft pick this coming season.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain