Honored Contributor

Re: Week 17 of the NFL Regular Season!!!

It's been a busy news day. Suh has been suspended for Sunday's playoff game due to standing atop Aaron Rodgers injured calf. That's a big edge to the Cowboys.

More coaches/GM's have been fired. Harbaugh's gone to Michigan, the Jets fired Rex Ryan and John Idzik, the Bears fired Trestman and Emery, the Falcons fired Mike Smith. (Weird day for Smith. He went from possibly making the playoffs to being fired in 24 hours.) The Giants have confirmed they're keeping Tom Coughlin one more year.

It's been a busy day.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Cowboy fan through and through, but I saw the replay of Suh stepping on ARodgers and while the first step could've been a mistake, the 2nd one surely wasn't and then lifting his other leg and putting all his weight on it was not good either. I'm glad he got busted.

Valued Contributor

At least you won't have to worry about being stepped on by this guy. But the center will be back playing. Can't believe how dirty the Lions are.

Honored Contributor

Suh will be a free agent after this season and it'll be interesting to see how many teams vie for his services. He's a dominant player, but also a bit of a jerk and a dirty player. Do you invest a fortune in a guy like that? I wouldn't.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 qvcfreak said:

I'm a Cowboy fan through and through, but I saw the replay of Suh stepping on ARodgers and while the first step could've been a mistake, the 2nd one surely wasn't and then lifting his other leg and putting all his weight on it was not good either. I'm glad he got busted.

You seem to be a very nice Cowboy fan. I suspect that they will stomp all over the Lions (not literally) and that we'll be seeing them in Green Bay in two weeks. I could do without Troy as an announcer.

Valued Contributor

Aikman has always hated the Packers and doesn't even try to hide it. Probably rang his bell a few too many times when he was playing.
Honored Contributor

SPURT. Looking at the draft order it looks like there may be one of the top two quarterbacks there when the Redskins pick fifth unless some trades are made. The Bucs (first overall pick) need a QB and will likely grab one of the two. (My money would be on Mariota.) The Jags, Titans and Raiders all look pretty set at QB and have more pressing needs, so unless someone jumps up above five, the Redskins should have a shot at whoever's left. (Likely Jameis Winston.) If that plays out then the Redskins may find themselves facing a tough decision on what to do. Take a chance on Winston and pray he grows up, or trade the pick to one of the desperate teams lower down and pray you can squeeze a serviceable year or two out of some combination of McCoy, RGIII, Cousins, or someone they acquire in free agency/a trade. I suspect one of the teams in two through four will trade down and let the Jets or some other desperate team take a chance on Winston, but we'll have to see how it all plays out. Of course, Marcus Mariota could implode all of this by deciding not to enter the draft this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And Suh is back! His suspension has been lifted and replaced with a $70,000 fine. That will complicate life for the Cowboys. I think that will be a fun game to watch. I've got a feeling Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson will each be trying to outdo the other. Neither team is likely to be able to defend either guy. They're just dominant receivers and if they're both on their games, it could be a pretty entertaining game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully the Cowboys can contain him and protect Tony. Can't wait for the game.

Honored Contributor

And the Redskins parted ways with Jim Haslett. Haslett's a good defensive coach, but he's had few capable players the last few years. They need a talent upgrade more than a coaching upgrade.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!