Valued Contributor

Re: Please, Please, Please help me...

Go on a fast, drink water or v8 juice. It is healthy to do and you will loose weight. Go for 2 or 3 days. Or go to a seamstress. Or get a scarf to cover your back.
Super Contributor

Walking everyday will help you loose some weight. Cut carb intake. Boost fiber intake. In two weeks, you will not drop significant weight, maybe 5-7 lbs. if you do it PERFECTLY and never miss exercising. That said, with only two weeks to go, buy some SPANX, see a seamstress, get your dress altered, allow for time to get that done! Notify the bride and go to the wedding.
Respected Contributor

I guess you learned a lesson, try things on. 16 posts and your first thought was to come to a message board. Sure, everyone does that!
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I just don't believe anyone would do that. But, if you did. You only have 12 days and if the dress won't even zip, lose 5 or 6 pounds certainly won't help matters. Take it to a dressmaker or seamstress pronto. They can do wonders! And it won't cost a lot.

Respected Contributor

On 6/29/2014 August37 said:

Please, I need help. My 1st cousin is getting married July 12th, I've had my dress for 3 months, and did not try it on. I put it on tonight, and it won't zip {#emotions_dlg.w00t}, please can anyone tell me how I can loose some back fast, really, really fast. I'm the maid of honor {#emotions_dlg.crying}, and I can't fit my dress. Please help me, no judgment please. I can't ell her, our dresses were special ordered. I can't find the color or size no where else , I'm in tears. She will be so hurt if I told her!!!! Help me...

Now, don't panic. It sounds like there's still time. Some other ladies on this thread have suggested that a seamstress could let out the dress for you. I'm sure you and your cousin will both look lovely for the wedding. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

as others have said....can you go back to David's Bridal.....if this has been answered...I apologize....I have not read the entire thread...

Respected Contributor

1. Contact the place and see if they can FedEx the dress in a larger size. Even if you have to pay the shipping charge.

2. Find an experienced seamstress ASAP. You will have to get on the phone right away and start calling as you are basically out of time.

Honored Contributor

Ain't buying this one so got zip to say.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 6/30/2014 hckynut said:

Ain't buying this one so got zip to say.

Having been in several weddings, including one just three weeks ago, I totally buy it.

Super Contributor

starve yourself and run 10 miles a day, do not sleep.... you might zip it up if still alive.