Respected Contributor

Re: Filter Pitcher VS Faucet Filter

[ Edited ]

Can anyone answer my new question please that I posted??

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Since I got the Brita pitcher I have not been able to get the lid on it!

Without the filter in it, the lid goes on fine. But once the filter is in, the lid wont actually go on. I have it in the fridge with the lid balancing on and have to be careful it doesnt fall off onto the floor.

This pitcher is different from any I have had with the filter indicator on the top and more plastic sticking down under the lid.   ( Its just how it is made)  Not just a plain flat lid like I have had before.

Can anyone suggest any help? Man Happy

Respected Contributor

My guess would be that mabye your filter isn't in correctly? With our Brita pitcher, the filter has a groove all the way down its side and it slides into a lip (if you will) in the filter holder. If it doesn't go all the way down the lid won't fit.

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Take it back to the store where you purchased it if this continues. But check to see if your filter is in the grooves first.

Respected Contributor

Yes filter is totally in correctly.  Things are lined up. I contacted Brita on FB and will see what they say this week! Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I am covering it with plastic wrap lol since the lid wont fit on!!