Contributor

Re: How Safe Are The Items We Receive From China

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree 

do the math - it is not "just slightly more than the flu"

the percent of people that caught the flu and died this season is about 0.05%. 

0.05% of 85,000 is 42.5

the death rate for Covid-19 is slightly above 2%

2% of 85,000 is 1,700

*edited to remove word 'percent' after 19

1,700 is about 40 times more than 42

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Anonymous032819 wrote:

Don't worry, everyone. I have it on good authority that the coronavirus is nothing but a "hoax".

(Face palm)

Disinformation : the coronavirus itself isn’t a hoax but the way it’s being portrayed by the Enemedia is the hoax part.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

What threatens me is not medicine or "stuff", but coughing, sneezing, touchy people.

What threatens me is a sensationalist media, and public figures who make irresponsible comments to politicize, weaponize, and exploit both the virus and people's fears.

Oh don't worry. Nobody in the government is now allowed to speak about it at all without permission because, you know, it may disrupt the stock market. You can't muzzle the rest of the world and the reporting beyond our borders though. At least we can find out the proactive measures and the stats from other areas of the world without their being accused of "sensationalist" media. The only other country to muzzle experts speaking out was China. We know how well that worked out. They forced the first doctor to raise concern to retract what he said. He died of the virus. The other person who spoke out there was a journalist, and he suddenly disappeared. His family didn't know and may still not know where he is. Let's just shut everyone up and pretend the virus doesn't exist.

Falchi says he is not muzzled.  Seeing him for years i do not believe he can be muzzled.

Contributor

@MorningLover

How is it being portrayed? As something to take seriously? Because that is what I am seeing from the "Enemedia" (your word)

Respected Contributor

@finch People who don’t take the time to find  actual comments will only get the media version, which is completely inaccurate, but that seems to be the point.