Honored Contributor

How Safe Are The Items We Receive From China

So about 90% of US medicine is made in China.  But so is just about everything else.

I’m wondering how safe are all of the items we are receiving that says...”Made in China”.

Just like my Dad would say when he’d pose a question that he knew I didn’t know the answer to...” This is ‘food for thought’”.

Respected Contributor

Re: How Safe Are The Items We Receive From China

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 I would be more concerned about the lack of availability of items that we need rather than the safety/quality of those items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watched an interview with a former FDA chairman this morning.

He said until the 90's, companies produced a lot of pharmaceuticals in Puerto Rico because of tax advantages. This slowly moved to China for price advantages.

We do still mfg here but now the question is raw materials. FDA only inspects 1% of all imports it regulates.

Honored Contributor

We've had far more frequent disasters with products made in America than those imported from China.  Look at the almost daily recalls of manufactured products, produce and meat.  How many do you recall from China?

I think people need to quit contributing to panic and hysteria by talking about such things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We've had far more frequent disasters with products made in America than those imported from China.  Look at the almost daily recalls of manufactured products, produce and meat.  How many do you recall from China?

I think people need to quit contributing to panic and hysteria by talking about such things.

@Kachina624 I will panic and become hysterical when Americans can't talk about things.  I think we are almost there anyway, but talking about things is informative and productive, and often very important.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We knowingly dug this trench ourselves, whether conscisouly or by not paying attention.  It seems all we're getting now is mis-information.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

This isn't just about medications, we need to rethink supply chains for the health, wellbeing and safety of our own.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So about 90% of US medicine is made in China.  But so is just about everything else.

I’m wondering how safe are all of the items we are receiving that says...”Made in China”.

Just like my Dad would say when he’d pose a question that he knew I didn’t know the answer to...” This is ‘food for thought’”.

@Annabellethecat66  ... I have been thinking the same thing ... I don’t think anything from China is really safe 😢

Esteemed Contributor

The virus cannot live indefinitely outside of a host. 

It needs a warm, moist enviorment to survive.

The panic, fear and hysteria is getting out of control.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.