Honored Contributor

Re: How Safe Are The Items We Receive From China

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

We've had far more frequent disasters with products made in America than those imported from China.  Look at the almost daily recalls of manufactured products, produce and meat.  How many do you recall from China?

I think people need to quit contributing to panic and hysteria by talking about such things.

Thank you for being a voice of reason, @Kachina624.

I think people need to quit contributing to panic and hysteria by talking about such things.

Interesting statement... I heard that  from someone with a lot of eye concealor  on yesterday.....    That Person said  "Maybe a miracle will happen and it will just go away"LOL!!!!!      

Better yet lets put our heads in the sand....

CEO-Magazine-Ostrich-strategy.jpg

Honored Contributor

As @Porcelain and others have pointed out, nothing about Chinese products have changed, other than the very real and disturbing likelihood that the pipeline of medicines that we all use will become more scarce as the Chinese will need them for their own people.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

What threatens me is not medicine or "stuff", but coughing, sneezing, touchy people.

What threatens me is a sensationalist media, and public figures who make irresponsible comments to politicize, weaponize, and exploit both the virus and people's fears.

@x Hedge 

Absolutely agree. We know what the year 2020 means to some that are in front of the camera. Unfortunately too many like to embellish what they know, and care little the results that can be caused by doing so.

The trust of the media is likely lower than it has ever been, and they wonder why?  Spread unsubstantiated "news( ?)"  for 59 minutes, and corrections for 10 seconds, if that. 

I am long past getting worried about things over which I have little or no control. I go along doing the same things I have done for decades to try to protect my body from contracting any type of illness from others. My age along with my many health experiences keep me very balanced, and no amount of media conjecture is going to change it.

I keep up with what I believe to be the facts from the sources I feel I can trust, and the "news(?)" media doesn't fall into that category. To me driving on the Interstate quite often is probably my biggest risk and I doubt that is going to change based on hearsay and whistling dixie!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

A medicine I take was recalled three different  times ... and this was before the virus outbreak.  I am concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

For the sake of all people, not only in our country, let’s hope the spread of this virus can be contained.  Scientists who devote their lives to research and treatment are not politically motivated.  I would believe the scientists any day over politicians.  Their motive is health care, not votes or worry about stock market losses.  I personally, along with others, do not like the fact that scientists must get permission from a political figure to speak.  It has never been this way and should cease.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

For the sake of all people, not only in our country, let’s hope the spread of this virus can be contained.  Scientists who devote their lives to research and treatment are not politically motivated.  I would believe the scientists any day over politicians.  Their motive is health care, not votes or worry about stock market losses.  I personally, along with others, do not like the fact that scientists must get permission from a political figure to speak.  It has never been this way and should cease.

I totaly agree 100%

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Or summarily dismissed if they do. Very scary, @PamfromCT 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

The fact that we cannot here the facts about this is more concerning to me than the actual virus. I want to here from the experts like Dr Fauchi, a public health expert. Not some political dingbat!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

We've had far more frequent disasters with products made in America than those imported from China.  Look at the almost daily recalls of manufactured products, produce and meat.  How many do you recall from China?

@Kachina624 I will panic and become hysterical when Americans can't talk about things.  I think we are almost there anyway, but talking about things is informative and productive, and often very important.

@Sooner    I'm sure your panic and hysteria will be very helpful to all you know.  One would hope people could react to a situation in a more mature manner but maybe not...

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I will panic and become hysterical when Americans can't talk about things.  I think we are almost there anyway, but talking about things is informative and productive, and often very important.

@Sooner    I'm sure your panic and hysteria will be very helpful to all you know.  One would hope people could react to a situation in a more mature manner but maybe not...

The public has a right to know, regardless of whether the truth is inconvenient to some. Muzzling and coverups at the expense of public safety and knowledge is actually what is becoming pandemic, and SHOULD be of concern to anyone in this fragile democracy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.