Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Issues - Need Help!

@Pink123 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

Yes @AngelPuppy1  don't give up.  I am rosacea girl prone too.  But I watch my diet most of  the time as it's what you eat as well.

When I do it's gone.

Anyway, the MAC  powder foundation will not dissapoint you and you will be very happy with the results.  No shine to worry about.  I can't stand it either when I see it on others.

I can't use fragrance's on my skin either, I just put a bit of Cerave  lotion which is fragrance free  on around my face and let is set in.  Then I use a Brush and swirl it around after 10 minutes.  I find moisturizer's  too greasy.

Do you live in the south or a cooler climate?  Diet is important with Rosacea.

Someone mentioned here on this chat and  was nice enough to mention the name but I forgot about the brush I swirl from MAC.

PS. I highly recomment MAC brushes.  So soft.  Good luck. 

@Pink123   I think so It's MAC plus powder I think they call it.  It's 50.00 I believe.

I agree with the Cerave moisturizer.  I find that too greasy for my face.  I use the Cerave "lotion" on my face and it's fine.  You will love the powder I'm pretty sure.  For the body I reallyl like Aveeno made with oatmeal.  It absorbs so quickly.  no grease!!! Smiley Happy

MAC powder foundation - is there just one?  

Re: Cerave moisturizer -- is this just the basic one for body and face --- or is this one of the ones just for face???  The regular Cerave for body I find too greasy for my face.

I live in a cooler climate.  We do have some hot days in summer but the rest is cooler and winter gets pretty cold and snowy.  

Thank you very much!! 

@AngelPuppy1 

@Pink123 

Thank you!  I currently use Pure Moisture (Gold Bond) on my body.  It's getting harder to find unless you order it on-line.  It's not greasy or heavy, which I like also! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Yes...it sure is!

Supposedly our skin changes every 7 years. I'm hoping mine changes back! LOL JK

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 - I realize that everyone's rosacea issues are different, but as others have noted on this thread, azelaic acid is my game changer.  As someone mentioned earlier, the lower amounts of it didn't do much for me and so I purchase Azelaic Acid Cream - 20% without a prescription at Taraskincare. It's the only treatment I've ever used, including prescriptions, that has worked. Redness and irritation isn't just reduced. ... it's gone! A tiny bit goes a long way. 

As far as foundation, I use Merit Beauty's The Minimalist Perfecting Stick because I don't want heavy liquid or drying powder/mineral makeup on my dry, sensitive skin. A tiny bit covers just what I want it to. My two cents! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I may have mentioned this before but I really like FUTURIST, Estee Lauder foundation.  

The sales associate picked it for me as she could 'see' that my skin was dry.  I really like it, but I would want to go in person for a perfect match to the skintone.  

I tried the double wear/same brand, way to drying for my 68 year old somewhat dry skin.

Trusted Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 - I realize that everyone's rosacea issues are different, but as others have noted on this thread, azelaic acid is my game changer.  As someone mentioned earlier, the lower amounts of it didn't do much for me and so I purchase Azelaic Acid Cream - 20% without a prescription at Taraskincare. It's the only treatment I've ever used, including prescriptions, that has worked. Redness and irritation isn't just reduced. ... it's gone! A tiny bit goes a long way. 

As far as foundation, I use Merit Beauty's The Minimalist Perfecting Stick because I don't want heavy liquid or drying powder/mineral makeup on my dry, sensitive skin. A tiny bit covers just what I want it to. My two cents! 

@AspenGrove  thanks this acid Azelaic is very interesting and I think I will give it a try.

Does it start working immediately?  Is it greasy?  Do you put it on at bedtime?

Thanks for your help.  I'm going to look up this skin company online

Trusted Contributor

@AspenGrove  I just looked them up and ordered the cream.  I didn't want to pay by check, but credit card.

They accepted my order I think but I didn't pay.  They never sent me a link either for credit card.  

I emailed them.   Will probably hear back tomorrow.  Very odd system right?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 wrote:
@AspenGrove  thanks this acid Azelaic is very interesting and I think I will give it a try.

Does it start working immediately?  Is it greasy?  Do you put it on at bedtime?

Thanks for your help.  I'm going to look up this skin company online

@Pink123 - For me it started working immediately—like within a few days, as I recall. I was kinda stunned!  I use it morning and night. Not greasy at all. I put my moisturizer over it in the morning. I also have found that it doesn't interfere at all with the tretinoin I use at night. I use both together and all is fine. I apply only to the areas of my face where the redness/dryness likes to show up. A pea-sized amount is all I need.  

Valued Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@AspenGrove  I just looked them up and ordered the cream.  I didn't want to pay by check, but credit card.

They accepted my order I think but I didn't pay.  They never sent me a link either for credit card.  

I emailed them.   Will probably hear back tomorrow.  Very odd system right?

Yes, don't panic!  They're clearly a small company. A couple of times I thought something was strange or glitchy with the ordering portion of their site, but all was fine.  I emailed them once about a concern and they got back to me right away. So I'm sure they'll get back to you during the work week. 

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@AspenGrove 

Thank you.  I have heard of Azelaic but didn't really know what it was or was supposed to do.  I will check into it!!  Glad you found your help! 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   I may have mentioned this before but I really like FUTURIST, Estee Lauder foundation.  

The sales associate picked it for me as she could 'see' that my skin was dry.  I really like it, but I would want to go in person for a perfect match to the skintone.  

I tried the double wear/same brand, way to drying for my 68 year old somewhat dry skin.

@Mom2Dogs 

Thanks for posting.  I will look this up regarding ingredients!!