Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Issues - Need Help!

@SportyShorty07 

That's the brand.. 100%Pure at their website

"!00%Pure" makeup.

Yes it's good whether skin is oily or dry.

Weightless

it came up as being on Amazon too

IMG_3095.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1   Thank you so very much for attaching the image and name of the bamboo makeup powder- I'm definitely going to try it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

Yes @AngelPuppy1  don't give up.  I am rosacea girl prone too.  But I watch my diet most of  the time as it's what you eat as well.

When I do it's gone.

Anyway, the MAC  powder foundation will not dissapoint you and you will be very happy with the results.  No shine to worry about.  I can't stand it either when I see it on others.

I can't use fragrance's on my skin either, I just put a bit of Cerave  lotion which is fragrance free  on around my face and let is set in.  Then I use a Brush and swirl it around after 10 minutes.  I find moisturizer's  too greasy.

Do you live in the south or a cooler climate?  Diet is important with Rosacea.

Someone mentioned here on this chat and  was nice enough to mention the name but I forgot about the brush I swirl from MAC.

PS. I highly recomment MAC brushes.  So soft.  Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Hope you like it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I am going to read all of your replies later.  I have several medical appointments today and will not have time today to respond.  I really appreciate everybody taking the time to respond to my post!  Everybody is always so helpful here!  Thank you and I will get back to you all hopefully tomorrow!!!! Heart

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

You have a lot here to break down! But, I too suffer from some of the things you mention, reddness, fine lines etc.

I guess I'd start with a mineral foundation, I use PUR and only because after years of Bare Minerals it started to make my skin look drier than it already was. The other option could be a light serum foundation. (I use brushes with most things liquid because I don't like the mess on my hands!) I also enjoy Laura Geller Balance and Brighten.

Under-eyes and fine lines have been a problem for me, finding a great concealer helps but that can be difficult. I have many, but the one that creases least for me is Nars Creamy concealer in the small pot. I set it lightly with powder.

I use primer on and off, not a huge thing for me. 

I use all forms of application, I like to go over everything with a damp sponge at the end to make it seamless.

I use setting spray. It makes everything look finished and blended into the skin. Reduces the look of a powdery finish for me. 

It's a start, hope it helps! Good luck!

@Jacie 

Thanks for your tips and recommendations!  When you say Pur, I guess you mean powder -- is this a compact powder or loose?  

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

It sounds like you need products that are for very sensitive mature skin. I prefer a good moisturizer and a foundation. I do not like matte foundations or moisturizing, there are middle of the road foundations. To find a moisturizer google ones for mature very sensitive skin. Read the articles and lists. See which products are mentioned very often and try a couple. Always purchase in a store that you can return. I have sensitive skin and found that Tatcha products (the indigo line) is good for me. Perricone md is also good for my sensitive skin. It is a lot of hit and miss to find the best products. There are plenty of drug store products that are also good like vanicream and creave Unfortunately what works for one person is not good for all. If you can see a dermatologist that can help with skincare that might help. But again even that I find to be hit and miss. Good luck.

@Janey2 

Thank you for your post!  I am writing your product recommendations down.  I have consulted several derms. but they are no help regarding makeup items.  And they all say cerave, cerave, cerave.  Well, I use several products in this name but they are not everything!  No derms. offer any suggestions as to makeup lines that would be good for my particular issues.  The more I rsearch and read, the more confused I become.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
Hi AngelPuppy1
Yes, I have paid attention to your skin issues for a long time because I have a lot of the same issues. That said, everyone's chemistry is different so what works for me may not work for you.
During the pandemic I quit wearing foundation and my sensitivities disappeared. Even my rosacea is gone. Just a little blush and I'm good to go. My complexion is still oily at 74, but not that bothersome with no foundation.
Or, maybe my skin is changing as I am getting older...

@tototwo 

I'm glad that not wearing foundation, etc. is working for you!  I don't wear makeup when I am home usually.  I just cleanse and moisturize and at times use the metrocream for rosacea.  Not wearing makeup has not done anything for me to help any issues.  As I age, my issues with my skin seem to get worse and worse.  Thanks for your post! 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

I use a lot and it can be very daunting, but that's what I do. Easiest is a stick foundation.

To dull a sheen, I highly recommend 100%Pure Bamboo powder.

It is very very fine and dulls shine without drying. It is specifically for sensitive skin (as are all of theirs). I use translucent. It has lasted for years.

@LTT1 

I will look into the bamboo powder.  Do you have dry skin or oily skin or combo???  Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I am 61 and when I turned 18 got the heck away from liquid foundation.  My dear aunt introduced me to Merle Norman and using a sponge with my total finish.  Some ladies dampen the sponge I do not.

Merle Norman - Total Finish Compact Makeup - Light Neutral - 0.5 Oz.

I also used a great deal Max Factor pan stik until it was way out of my price range a few years ago.  Same method with a sponge. You can still get MF on Amazon but not my shade which cost up to $175.00 for each unit on ebay.

Max Factor - Pan-Stik Ultra-Creamy Makeup .5 oz Medium Beige (Warm 3) - Original Formula

Now for most days that I wear makeup I use the Maybelline Fit in stick form with the dry sponge.  Have always just used a moisturizer under the foundation.  No primers ect...

Maybelline - Fit Me Matte + Poreless Shine-Free Stick Foundation Makeup, 110 Porcelain, 0.32 oz

I could never at this point give up my sponge for my fingers or for using a foundation brush. It as just been too many decades.  All have such great coverage.

I do not use powder of any kind but my skin is just normal.  Not dry or oily.

@beckyb1012 

I remember the Pan-Stik from ages ago.  No way would I spend that much for it!  I will check out the Maybelline one though.  Thank you for posting!