Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation Issues - Need Help!

@AngelPuppy1 

Mine doesn't break out from additional oil in my face products. 
'My skin breaks out from dryness + inflammation from using products containing titanium dioxide, which is actually drying as an ingredient. 
Mine is an autoimmune rash.

I have spent at least 5 years finding acceptable products without that ingredient. It has been a GIANT experiment!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 
@Jacie @KBEANS @Pink123 @SportyShorty07 

So, here is my routine... it WORKS but it is a lot of WORK. But it works...

"Simple Science" Isomers

Isomers serums...various 

Isomers creams 

Sunscreen

ETSY foundation made from cocoa and it acts as a primer and "holds in" moisture*

100%Pure Fruit pigmented water foundation + Omiana rosacea cream.

concealer

eyes: serums, gels, creams, concealer

When I do this as laid out, later in the day it still looks the same. If I omit the ETSY foundation, about 4 hours into my day I look "old and haggard"! 🙀👹

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

@Trinity11 

I am sorry you have been having so many medical issues and I really hope that you are feeling so much better now!!!

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a couple questions about what you posted.  You wrote that you use a "15% Azaelic Acid."  Is this an o-t-c thing or is it prescription?  Also, you said you were using a MAC powder foundation in compact with sponge.  And also a foundation from Doll 10 (with brush).  Could you list the particular MAC powder and also the particular Doll 10 foundation you use?  I have never used either of these lines, so I am not familiar with what they have.  Thank you so much for replying!  

The azaelic acid is a prescription @AngelPuppy1. You can also find it at 10% from The Ordinary sold at Sephora but it is less effective.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation comes with a sponge in a compact. Doll 10 Supersize TCE foundation with skin buffing brush Item 821-352 is sold at HSN. She also sells it on the Doll 10 website separately. I use fair/light as her foundations run very light.

Hope this helps. I have dealt with a sensitive, prone to redness complexion since age 12, so I sympathize.😥

Esteemed Contributor

AngelPuppy1---Dr.Denese day cream is an all in one product so you don't need anything extra. The eye cream is also Dr.Denese.I didn't start watching QVC until I retired so I didn't know about the Dr.Denese products. What a difference it made in my skin. I could actually feel good about going to the store and not have a "full face" of makeup. Hope one or some of what I use work for you. (Also---a little product goes a lnog way in application with this line. You get months and months of use from any of the products.

Frequent Contributor

I love Merle Norman foundations. Most of them have added sunscreen protection. They have so many to choose from for different skin types. My favorite is their Powder Base. It is a cream foundation with zinc oxide. I get so many compliments on my complexion when I wear this.They also have an excellent moisturizer called Aqua Bliss. The MN stores are generous with samples.
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I have been in and out of the hospital @AngelPuppy1 since June. It has been tough on my rosacea prone complexion. Last week I started back on my regular skincare regime using a gentle cleanser and 15% Azaelic Acid. I have no redness now and my skin is clear. My two new foundations are MAC powder foundation in a compact (easy application with sponge) suggested here by Pink and HSN foundation from Doll 10 (comes with a brush). Flawless coverage and probably the happiest I have been with a foundation in many many years.

Yes @AngelPuppy1  don't give up.  I am rosacea girl prone too.  But I watch my diet most of  the time as it's what you eat as well.

When I do it's gone.

Anyway, the MAC  powder foundation will not dissapoint you and you will be very happy with the results.  No shine to worry about.  I can't stand it either when I see it on others.

I can't use fragrance's on my skin either, I just put a bit of Cerave  lotion which is fragrance free  on around my face and let is set in.  Then I use a Brush and swirl it around after 10 minutes.  I find moisturizer's  too greasy.

Do you live in the south or a cooler climate?  Diet is important with Rosacea.

Someone mentioned here on this chat and  was nice enough to mention the name but I forgot about the brush I swirl from MAC.

PS. I highly recomment MAC brushes.  So soft.  Good luck. 

@Pink123   I think so It's MAC plus powder I think they call it.  It's 50.00 I believe.

I agree with the Cerave moisturizer.  I find that too greasy for my face.  I use the Cerave "lotion" on my face and it's fine.  You will love the powder I'm pretty sure.  For the body I reallyl like Aveeno made with oatmeal.  It absorbs so quickly.  no grease!!! Smiley Happy

MAC powder foundation - is there just one?  

Re: Cerave moisturizer -- is this just the basic one for body and face --- or is this one of the ones just for face???  The regular Cerave for body I find too greasy for my face.

I live in a cooler climate.  We do have some hot days in summer but the rest is cooler and winter gets pretty cold and snowy.  

Thank you very much!! 

@AngelPuppy1 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Mine doesn't break out from additional oil in my face products. 
'My skin breaks out from dryness + inflammation from using products containing titanium dioxide, which is actually drying as an ingredient. 
Mine is an autoimmune rash.

I have spent at least 5 years finding acceptable products without that ingredient. It has been a GIANT experiment!

@LTT1 

I am glad for you that you seem to have found your products!  My breaking out seems to be caused by two things -- rosacea and adding additional moisture to my face.  This constantly experimenting trying to find products which help is expensive and exhausting!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 

I am sorry you have been having so many medical issues and I really hope that you are feeling so much better now!!!

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a couple questions about what you posted.  You wrote that you use a "15% Azaelic Acid."  Is this an o-t-c thing or is it prescription?  Also, you said you were using a MAC powder foundation in compact with sponge.  And also a foundation from Doll 10 (with brush).  Could you list the particular MAC powder and also the particular Doll 10 foundation you use?  I have never used either of these lines, so I am not familiar with what they have.  Thank you so much for replying!  

The azaelic acid is a prescription @AngelPuppy1. You can also find it at 10% from The Ordinary sold at Sephora but it is less effective.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation comes with a sponge in a compact. Doll 10 Supersize TCE foundation with skin buffing brush Item 821-352 is sold at HSN. She also sells it on the Doll 10 website separately. I use fair/light as her foundations run very light.

Hope this helps. I have dealt with a sensitive, prone to redness complexion since age 12, so I sympathize.😥

@Trinity11 

Thank you!  I appreciate the clarifications!  I wouldn't mind temporary issues, but when they are chronic, they can really get you down.  

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

AngelPuppy1---Dr.Denese day cream is an all in one product so you don't need anything extra. The eye cream is also Dr.Denese.I didn't start watching QVC until I retired so I didn't know about the Dr.Denese products. What a difference it made in my skin. I could actually feel good about going to the store and not have a "full face" of makeup. Hope one or some of what I use work for you. (Also---a little product goes a lnog way in application with this line. You get months and months of use from any of the products.

@Fressa 

Thanks for the clarification!  I will have to look it up and check out the ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstick1 wrote:
I love Merle Norman foundations. Most of them have added sunscreen protection. They have so many to choose from for different skin types. My favorite is their Powder Base. It is a cream foundation with zinc oxide. I get so many compliments on my complexion when I wear this.They also have an excellent moisturizer called Aqua Bliss. The MN stores are generous with samples.

@Lipstick1 

Thank you!  I had reactions to a couple of their products years ago, but I'm sure they have a lot of different products now.