Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never got into that but I also never smoked and I'm a fanatic about brushing.  And I don't want bright white teeth, my own teeth are not and never were glow in the dark white.  I do use Colgate Total which has whitener in it. 

I agree with you.  Who ever has super white teeth anyway? Just don't look natural.  I had heard all my life that pure white teeth were not healthy teeth.

The dentist my husband went to had to retire due to a medical procedure that left him blind in one eye and sold his practice.

He went to the website of the dentist that took over the practice, saw his chiclet white teeth and knew he wasn't the one for him.

Honored Contributor

My long timwe dentist  said that what makes teeth yellow is the material under the enamel. It is yellow and as the enamel thins it shows through. The only truely effective way to whiten teeth is to get a veneer over them. All those bleaching products are not healthy for the teeth.

Valued Contributor
I tried Crest White Strips once. They made my sensitive teeth hurt so badly that Ibuprofen didn't help. I learned whitening products are not for me.
Esteemed Contributor

I want to try the coconut oil swish. Now I brush with baking soda three times a week then throw in a squirt of peroxide to swish and spit. Follow by regular brushing. Keeps the coffee stains away.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor
I use crest white strips. I use them once a year or every other year. White but not chicklet white.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest...If your teeth are difficult to whiten, I recommend a product I got from my dentist called REV. It's a hydrogen peroxide gel you use with custom trays and it works well. I've tried Crest strips and something else from HSN before to no avail. My teeth are dark though and I have pretty thin enamel. The REV lightened mine up quite a bit but I have still decided to go with veneers. If your teeth are not that dark, the REV should work really well.

Honored Contributor

You should check with your dentist ... it's a simple procedure and not very expensive.