Frequent Contributor

Re: my thyroid hormone needs adjusting

I had my thyroid removed 7 years ago and it has been a nightmare, my counts are all over the chart, so they tried me on Tirosent, and problems when away, they thought I was allergic to all the other thyroid medicine also.  Talk to your doctor and give it a try its newer than Armour and may serve you better.

Tirosint is a replacement for a hormone normally produced by your thyroid gland to regulate the body's energy and metabolism. This medicine is given when the thyroid does not produce enough of this hormone on its own. So its for hyperthyroid patients only.

Be sure to take your medicine on empty stomach as soon as you wake in the morning, no food or drink for half an hour, no supplements for three hours later.

When I had mine removed they injured a vocal chord and I talked really hoarse for two years. I had terrible problems with my voice. so be thankful its just a small med change here and there.  I have had bloodwork taken every 6 weeks for the last 7 years. My counts were all over the charts until I tried this Tirosint.

Its important to know it has to know Tirosent has no fillers its a small gel capsule.. Synthroid had fillers that I was allergic too also.  Good luck to you!

Respected Contributor

Are you taking 2 hours off to not have food in your stomach ?How do you safely do this ?

Honored Contributor

I take my thryroid on en empty stomach, I either take it at bedtime ,or first thing in the morning @BeccaLou

I fast for a long time each day ,so it is not a problem for me