Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which do you do first???

@retiredatlast wrote:

Brush or floss???   I usually brush first then floss. Having a dispute with my son who says to floss and then brush.  Just wondering what other people do.

I see where the current advice is to floss first.  But I've been brushing first, then flossing for so many years and my hygienist is always very happy with the condition of my teeth and gums.  So I think I'll stick with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thinking.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

The dental hygienist who does a professional cleaning always brushes first then flosses. I go with that.

Honored Contributor

I have a 3-step program:

1. Brush
  2. Floss
  3. Waterpick Water Flosser (I like adding my mouthwash with the water. It makes my mouth feel extra fresh)
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

Brush-Floss-Brush again

Respected Contributor

I brush first, then floss - but after that, on rare occasions, if they don't feel squeeky clean, I run the toothbrush across them again.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

My hygienist says to brush first, then floss, last thing at night and don't rinse the toothpaste out of your mouth to allow it to work.  Not rinsing is taking some time to get used to. In the morning, I brush, floss, then use the water pic. Funny how so many hygienists recommend so many different ways, the important thing is that you do both.

@Carolina925    Your hygientist is talking about if you use FLUORIDE tooth paste... if you use none fluoride tooth paste you certainly can rinse.