Respected Contributor

Re: Which do you do first???

I floss with waxed dental tape, then use GUM Go-Betweens, then brush. A dental hygienist recommended this to me years ago and it works well for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

Brush or floss???   I usually brush first then floss. Having a dispute with my son who says to floss and then brush.  Just wondering what other people do.

My dental hygenist instructed me to floss, then brush. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Floss, then brush

Respected Contributor

Screenshot taken from the American Dental Association (ADA).  According to them, it doesn't matter as long as it's done once a day.  I rinse using Supersmile whitening rinse, brush for two minutes, floss, and then brush again with a prescription fluoride toothpaste, which I expectorate but don't rinse.  I have all my bases covered.  lol

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 7.30.22 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@retiredatlast   It doesn't matter the order as long as you do both each day.  There is no right or wrong way.  You should always do a good rinse after brushing and flossing with a good mouthwash such as Listerine.    I was a dental assistant for 30 years, it all works.

Valued Contributor

I always floss first then brush. I feel like I get out any plaque or whatever between my teeth first and that way when I brush, it cleans better between my teeth.
Honored Contributor

First brush.

Second floss.

Third proxabrush.

I was amazed with the proxabrush and how it got some tiny stuff left behind from brushing/flossing.

Honored Contributor

In the mornings, I brush first.

At bedtime, I floss first.

Often I brush my teeth after eating if  am home. I tend to floss first because my teeth are famous for getting food stuck in them.  I always carry floss with me.

When I go to the dentist, the hygienist cleans my teeth first, then flosses....but there is no food stuck in my teeth.

If I know I have food in my teeth, I floss it first.  If, no food, then I floss afterwards so plaque  doesn't form.

Honored Contributor

Floss. Brush with my Spin Brush. Rinse with ACT Total Care.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you,  rush floss, then brush again with fluoride (I wear braces).