Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hey all, I'm a wreck today, ready to crawl into my hole.  DS is sick, calling his doctors.  Not sure he'll be able to have the infusion tomorrow which he needs because he's having problems from the UC...but he has a bad cough and for patients on immunosuppressant drugs, it's very serious.  They can't fight it so it turns into pneumonia very quickly...I just read about two people with his disease on the meds that died from a cold.  Anyhoo, I'm sick to my stomach.  Plus he needs the infusion or could have a bad flare....AND he starts school on Monday which is also stressing us all out.

John's Hopkins appt went well yesterday, hoping we can get it figured out.  The only blood test she wanted to redo was my low thyroid from 2014 to see if it was even lower.  She said that could be causing problems too.

We almost got in a wreck on the way there, even dh was shaking.  Accidents all over, they said it was one of the worst traffic commutes in a long time...FIGURES!  I was suppoed to be 30 minutes early, flew in there at my exact appt time.  Took us 2.5 hours to get there.

I got up at 4 yesterday so worked-out befor we left...and we walked Lucy last night.  Man my cheeks were sore from Pistol squats the day before.  It was weird on Tuesday, my legs felt stronger, had a good leg work-out and felt stronger on my pistol squats but those ropes felt like they weighed 200 lbs, my arms were so weak.  Did horrible with that. 

Going to force myself to go to class today...I think.  I need to force myself to eat something first.  Have a feeling I may be going to PA sooner than we expected...see what today brings.  DH flew out this morning but he flies back in tomorrow night so I hope I can wait for him.  Ugh....this just sucks the blood out of me. 

p.s. Kit still has a UTI, they retested her on Tuesday...so she's on a different antibiotic twice a day.  Which would make leaving even harder...I'm really the only one that can catch her and get the pill down her throat.  Sorry for the book...ay. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  Saying a big prayer for you and your family today.  That's a lot!  Heart

I did my Ride class and then Power.  I was all psyched to go up in my weights again until she said it was a 1000 rep class.  I did go up in triceps and did all 24 pushups on my toes but I could have done more if she hadn't of scared me at the beginning of class. 

Heard lots of rumors that they are fooling with the class schedules again and may be taking some of my classes away.  If this gym wasn't free, I'd so be moving on.  I'm hearing my Tuesday Ride class may be threatened which I don't get since it is well attended for 5:00am.  There is no parking after work or on the weekends because it is so crowded so if they keep slashing, I'll be forced to be on my own with machines since I'm part of the working world and can't do day classes.  And I am not going to be a sardine in the few classes they keep on.  I'm not happy.  Smiley Mad

I've heard about a new app called Skyfit that I may try out.  It's trainer guided workouts.  I think there is a free trial and then it's $10 a month.  I'll see what they do at the gym and then I might be turning to technology since the humans keep screwing me up.  

Respected Contributor

Hey all, this morning was a beautiful cool morning so I walked outside and then on the way back ran into my neighbor and we gabbed on the corner for what seemed like an hour!  She is so nice but she has the gift of gab and I could feel the sweat running down my back, wanted to come in and shower. 

Iluclucy so sorry for all this you are going through with DS and Kit and yourself, my goodness hard to wrap your mind around it all.  Praying for everyone!

Laura that is too bad the gym may be taking classes away from you but hopefully you will like the new app you mentioned and it will help you do what you want to do!

I don't have anything planned for today, just laying low, enjoying the weather.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Taking the day off as my arms are killing me!  Didn't feel like doing lower body Pilates either......  Smiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD  Atta girl!  I may drag myself to Ride tomorrow morning before or just go for a hike after work  or do nothing.  We'll see...  

I need to get sore.  You guys get sore and I get nothing.  I must not be working hard enough.  So jealous of your pain.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Lucy, prayers for DS. I'm sorry he's having more complications. Sorry about Kit, too. Hang in there.

Laura,  bummer that the gym is messing with the schedule.

Hi, Mick and Bopper.

Elated, you are doing great. Yay! Congratulations. You found some great buys. 

Long workout done.

Respected Contributor

Morning, raining here so did treadmill and TG... I think it's one of those days where it is an all day rain.

Going to start making my applesauce.   The Farmers market sells big boxes of bruised apples for 5$, and frankly they look perfect to me.  Great time for getting the sauce going and I don't mind how my house smells either!

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I get a workout in today, it will be a miracle......literally, if I don't get an exercise in before 11am it usually doesn't happen.  This morning, I am doing laundry and was planning to do the TG, and my dog runs in the house with poop on her paw.  I get her outside, then before I could stop her, she runs in the house....she thinks I am playing with her.  So now I need to clean rugs.....thank gawd she didn't get that much on the carpet.  I will try to do Pilates before I have to pick up my teen son from school....geez.

@Laura14 - did you post that you do push ups on your tippy toes?????  Holy cowabunga that is great!  My back is shot so I can only do push ups from knees on up.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD  In fairness, my hands were on the step we use in class so it's not straight floor but yes I did knock out 24 of those bad boys in a row on my hands and toes.  Arnold ain't got nothing on me!  Smiley Wink

Oh and the rest of the pushups I did in class were on my knees.  But feel free to still be impressed just a little bit.  (insert big guns here)  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I am still very impressed!!!!